eBay dispute advice

Gemie

Mum to 3
Reaction score
So I always send items recorded delivery now as I've been stung too many times by people saying they didn't get their stuff.
Today I've had someone open a case against me saying their item hasn't arrived. I provided a tracking number the day the item was sent, you can click on the tracking number via the eBay dispute and it takes you direct to the Royal Mail tracking page where it clearly states the date and time the item was delivered, a name the person it was Signed for by (the actual ladies name who won the item :dohh:) and a picture of the signature.

Please tell me ebay still won't decide in the buyers favour?

Mail her and ask why she has opened a case when you have evidence she signed for the item, maybe she didnt mean to do it. I tried to contact a buyer the other day and it opened a case when all I wanted to do was send an email! But no they won't find in her favour as she signed for the parcels

Mail her and ask why she has opened a case when you have evidence she signed for the item, maybe she didnt mean to do it. I tried to contact a buyer the other day and it opened a case when all I wanted to do was send an email! But no they won't find in her favour as she signed for the parcels

Well she messages me the other day saying she hadn't got it and could I give her the tracking number, which I did again because I had provided it on the day I mailed the item then today she's opened this case :shrug:

If you have proof of postage and proof that she has signed for it then there is no way eBay will go in her favour :)

I think if she has started an e bay dispute it's best to leave it with e bay, pass on all information u have including both times you sent her the tracking number, the link to Royal Mail and a screen shot confirming receipt of delivery.

Picture of her signature, time and date it was delivered :dohh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 69
I checked with oh who knows more about e bay than I do and he said if he has opened a dispute up then to not msg her and leave it to e bay, u should win tho as its indisputable proof.

To be fair to the buyer that signature looks nothing like someone signing Althamto me.

I used to live on Machon Bank Road a couple of streets away was Machon Bank (no road) Royal Mail delivered a parcel for me, recorded delivery to Machon Bank and the man who live there's eldest child signed for it without noticing the mistake. I was very lucky he was honest and brought it round to my house when he realised. I have signed several times for deliveries for neighbours etc and they didn't know until I gave it them because they didn't get a card through. I really think some postman don't really follow the rules.

Not that that's your fault at all. Just wanted to out it out there that it is possible that they haven't actually received it :(

To be fair to the buyer that signature looks nothing like someone signing Althamto me.

I used to live on Machon Bank Road a couple of streets away was Machon Bank (no road) Royal Mail delivered a parcel for me, recorded delivery to Machon Bank and the man who live there's eldest child signed for it without noticing the mistake. I was very lucky he was honest and brought it round to my house when he realised. I have signed several times for deliveries for neighbours etc and they didn't know until I gave it them because they didn't get a card through. I really think some postman don't really follow the rules.

Not that that's your fault at all. Just wanted to out it out there that it is possible that they haven't actually received it :(
But the printed name is altham which is her name, the person who signed for it had to give their name for it to be printed.
My signature looks nothing like my sig when I write on one of those p
ads either.

But the printed name is altham which is her name, the person who signed for it had to give their name for it to be printed.
ads either.

My postman often has already put the printed name into the machine (just whatever is on the parcel) before he asks for a signature from whoever opens the door. I think some postman are really lax with this and considering you are paying for the security of it, it's a really insecure system. Like I said before I have had my own things be signed by others and taken in.

I just fail to see why they would bother gong to eBay saying they hadn't received it I they knew they had signed for it when it arrived?! I'm not saying you're at fault at all. I'm pretty sure eBay will and should side with you as you have undeniable proof you sent it and it was delivered.

ads either.

My postman often has already put the printed name into the machine (just whatever is on the parcel) before he asks for a signature from whoever opens the door. I think some postman are really lax with this and considering you are paying for the security of it, it's a really insecure system. Like I said before I have had my own things be signed by others and taken in.

I just fail to see why they would bother gong to eBay saying they hadn't received it I they knew they had signed for it when it arrived?! I'm not saying you're at fault at all. I'm pretty sure eBay will and should side with you as you have undeniable proof you sent it and it was delivered.
Hmmm that's true I guess :/

We shall see...

If she hasnt got it then its a dispute with royal mail surely?

My guess is someone else has signed and not given it to her. In which case you would still win an eBay dispute wouldn't you? But she should take it up with Royal Mail. x

The postman who delivers at work usually signs for us for recorded items, recently they have been items we would usually refuse to take but because he delivers before we get there it's too late. Pp is right it isn't a great system considering what u pay for

I'm going through the exact same thing atm, someone bought a car part from me on the 22nd July. Signed for it and opened a paypal dispute against me nearly a month on saying he's tried to contact me, i've not replied, he's never received it etc yet I have Hermes tracking and proof of signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->