Ebay Query. Returning an item?

shellideaks

Mummy to 4
Reaction score
I purchased a pair of maternity jeans off of eBay but they don't fit. The seller said they were long length but they're actually only regular so are too short for me.

I'm posting them back tomorrow but I'm a bit annoyed that I'm having to pay for the postage. I wouldn't of even contemplated buying them had she listed them with the correct leg length.

Is that how eBay works? That the buyer loses out on postal charges? She's refunding my original postage, but I'll still have to pay to send them back when it's not my fault.

I would happily lose out on postal charges if it was my fault, but it isn't!

Whilst you can be at the mercy of the sellers kindness I have heard of cases where eBay have sent buyers a pre paid envelope to post back items. I've not encountered this myself but it may be in extreme cases. Has correspondence been good between you and the seller? If so negotiate a part postage refund if she won't budge on a full postage refund?

I would he inclined to see If it worth you sellin them on and save the hassle if sending back.

What pp said, might be better to just sell them on. You might even get a bit more for them than what you paid and you're at no loss.

If the item was listed incorrectly then surely the Seller is at fault and should refund your postage.

Buyers have to pay for their own postage to return an item, you only get refunded the price of item and original postage x

Whilst you can be at the mercy of the sellers kindness I have heard of cases where eBay have sent buyers a pre paid envelope to post back items. I've not encountered this myself but it may be in extreme cases. Has correspondence been good between you and the seller? If so negotiate a part postage refund if she won't budge on a full postage refund?

I would he inclined to see If it worth you sellin them on and save the hassle if sending back.

The seller has been fine with me, she seems nice enough. It probably would be easier to sell them on but I know I'd never actually list them. I have tons of things I need to sell but I loathe listing things on eBay :haha:

A good seller would suck it up and pay for you to return them (esp. if it was their mistake) but unfortunately they're under no obligation to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->