eBay question, again, sorry!!!

AP

Reaction score
Helloooo

I bought a pair of shoes from eBay, they had barely been worn and the photographs showed them in perfect nick.

They arrived today and the sole looks almost chewed/hacked at, as if it's happened during postage. No idea how this could happen - Theres bits of it all over the inside of the box. Gutted, but...least they weren't New Rocks :rofl:

Obviously I want to return them. The seller has no returns policy stated. I have emailled the seller with the photographs.

What is likely to happen here? What if the seller doesn't reply?

They havnt been recueced as described so u assume the seller would have to refund

I *think* the seller will have to refund you and then claim the cost back from Royal Mail or whoever she used to deliver them. If she doesn't reply after a couple of days then id open a case with eBay. They are usually in the buyers favour over things like this. Hope you get your refund x

Open an eBay case - buyers always win!
xx

That's good to hear then! I've looked so hard at the listings photographs and they were in no way this state on those!

I've always wondered about sellers with a no returns policy - don't the distance selling laws stipulate a buyer must be entitled to a refund under certain cirumstances?

"Your right to cancel starts the moment you place your order and doesn’t end until seven working days from the day after you receive your goods.

If your goods are faulty, or you're sent substitute items that you don't want, the retailer must pay return postage costs.

The Distance Selling Regulations state that your right to cancel an order starts the moment you place your order and doesn’t end until seven working days from the day after you receive your goods.
This is the minimum consumers must be given and many sellers choose to exceed this, so always check the terms and conditions in case you have longer to return your items.
As this seven-day working period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, by law the seller can’t say that you must have returned the goods within this time frame.
Confirmation of your cancellation should be sent by email, letter or fax."

So you're well within your rights for a refund?

It doesn't matter if they state no returns in their listing ebay rules say you can return so whatever they write means nothing.
If no reply open a not as described case, only correspond through ebay's official msg centre.
Seller needs to refund you the cost of the item plus original p+p but not the cost you incur to return them (annoying! !)
Make sure you send them recorded/tracked.
Once seller receives item back they will refund, if not ebay will take the money from them and refund you.

As others have said, if the item you received is not in the condition is was listed as when the seller sold it, then you are entitled to return it. You surely didn't pay for hacked up looking shoes.

eBay says the seller has agreed I can return it, thankfully. But pffft, the buyer has to pay postage/tracking? WTF. So I'm out of pocket because of their issue :/

I always assumed the no returns thing was a "no messaging me on the day it arrives and asking to return it because you changed your mind" that's how I use it. Xx

Would you be happy to keep them with a partial refund? If you would message the seller. That way you wouldnt lose the postage costs.

eBay says the seller has agreed I can return it, thankfully. But pffft, the buyer has to pay postage/tracking? WTF. So I'm out of pocket because of their issue :/

I had the same thing happen with an Etsy sale, ended up out like $30 in postage from it being $15 each way! Soooo mad to have to pay so much for an item that I didn't even want to keep due to it not matching its description, IMO. But, I paid it anyways, as it was better to be out $30, than the entire amount for something I was clearly never going to use since I hated it once I saw it in person.

I finally got to see them proper this morning (Dh sent me pics while I was at work) Theres something very wrong with them for sure, the sole feels sticky, as if it has melted. Seller never replied personally though, just agreed to the return. Odd.

Shame as in the original pics they looked practically new and they retail for £100

OMG the rage!

I sent them back yesterday, but I hadnt updated the tracking yet. It cost me £7.95

This morning eBay have sent me a FREE postage label "to move things along" :grr:

Ive updated my tracking and sent them an email fuming :rofl:

Could it have been one of those sales for pervs where you pay loads for used shoes? Can we see the pics? :lol:

:rofl: no they were too cool, they were buffalos :haha: no kinky ness there.

Trust you eh! :rofl:

My mind just works that way :haha: You never know, there might be a cool shoes kinky market out there :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->