ebay warning

weewdy

Reaction score
Please be extra cautious when ordering large items off ebay.

I purchased a dog kennel (£415) delivered. It arrived on 24th dec and was completely the wrong size, alot smaller. I contacted the seller straight away and was met with an argument that the sizes stated are only approx (i ordered the xlarge and a medium was sent). He told me due to hols nothing could be done until 6th. Monday came and my claim was escalated on ebay, ebay decided i need to pay return postage for a refund. Return postage because of size costing me £160, im scotland and its been posted to swansea so i cant even take it myself. 2 days i have spent on phone trying to resolve it with no joy. This company actually have their own website but because it was escalated to ebay i havent a leg to stand on.

Really angry, so just wanted to vent.

Are you sure you can't get a cheaper courier to post it back? Interparcel do cheap rates honey?

It sucks on eBay that even if your in the right, returning is still your cost. Really feel for you for being ripped off! Not fair

Thats sucks. I would never spend that much on ebay just cant trust them. U should be able t get ur money back as u received wrong item. Try find a cheaper courier if u can they are around just got to find them

Shop around for a courier, there are bound to be companies that do it cheaper. It sucks that you have to pay return postage. But you are protected otherwise.

I have phoned 15 different couriers all around the same price, its because they class it as 2 pallet loads even though its only 1400mm long, 1 pallet they class as 1200mm long. ITs not even as though it is heavy it only weigh around 30kg.

Oh man that sucks!! Really sorry you've been so messed around :(

Do you have proof that you ordered the XL kennel? Can you proof that you were sent the M kennel?

If so I'd probably open an 'item not as described' dispute (if you still can), as you really shouldn't have to fork out that much to return an item that you did not order. I wouldn't be happy with eBays responds and definitely try to take that further before forking out for courier costs. It's not like the company has been helpful so far, I'd be wary if they'll stick to their end of the bargain even if you do return the item.

Do you have proof that you ordered the XL kennel? Can you proof that you were sent the M kennel?

If so I'd probably open an 'item not as described' dispute (if you still can), as you really shouldn't have to fork out that much to return an item that you did not order. I wouldn't be happy with eBays responds and definitely try to take that further before forking out for courier costs. It's not like the company has been helpful so far, I'd be wary if they'll stick to their end of the bargain even if you do return the item.

Yes it is ebay that is stating I have to return item at my own cost, I have been on the phone for 3hrs in total over the last two days to them and they are saying they cant give me a refund unless I pay the return postage. I am raging that this is the case.

What about reselling it for what u paid? To be fair they made the cock up so they should pay

How about asking for a partial refund for the cost difference between the medium and large kennel?
I had to do this a few weeks ago when I bought something incomplete. Ebay of their own accord gave me a full refund and i got to keep the item as they didn't cooperate in the dispute and ignored me.

How about asking for a partial refund for the cost difference between the medium and large kennel?
I had to do this a few weeks ago when I bought something incomplete. Ebay of their own accord gave me a full refund and i got to keep the item as they didn't cooperate in the dispute and ignored me.

I did ask for a partial refund, the seller responded once to say he would not offer a partial refund and that the correct kennel was sent, I honestly don't know why ebay has sided with the seller.

Hello,
I just want to say if the seller said anywhere on their ebay page that the item was on that the size is approx. then that is the reason why ebay sided with the seller but if they didn't say anywhere on there that was approx then I would recommend opening a case with paypal. The other this is, if it said anywhere on the page that the return fee was on the buyer then that is why you have to pay to return but if it said free returns then when you open your case make sure you state that the page said free returns but they're still making you pay. Things like that is the reason why when I do decide to deal with ebay I make sure it says refund available and free returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->