Ebf & starting solids

perfectangels

Reaction score
I've started my ds who is 5 months on solids. Well baby food. We started on cereals which he didn't poop for a week but wasn't solid and he seemed fine. Well then his poop became thicker so I stopped the cereal all together. This past week he's ate greenbeans and carrots. He pooped today and it was solid turd. I'm ebf as well all day. He's ready for food as he sees the spoon and opens his mouth and whines til I give him a bite. My question is is it normal for his poop to be solid like roll off diaper? I only give him half a jar a day if that of one food. I do let him have a couple sips of water too. He doesn't act like he's in pain but does struggle a little when he decideds to poop. He use to go everyday now it's every couple days. Thanks in advance

when I started weaning with my ebf little girl she started getting a bit constipated and doing solid little poos so I slowed it down and just did every other day to start with and tried to avoid foods that are harder to digest such as the green veggies and cereal. I gave her the pureed pears, apples or prunes things like that, now she's 7 months and we have built it up very slowly but she rarely gets constipated now and is eating all sorts of foods. (I have done a mix of finger foods and purees)

when I started weaning with my ebf little girl she started getting a bit constipated and doing solid little poos so I slowed it down and just did every other day to start with and tried to avoid foods that are harder to digest such as the green veggies and cereal. I gave her the pureed pears, apples or prunes things like that, now she's 7 months and we have built it up very slowly but she rarely gets constipated now and is eating all sorts of foods. (I have done a mix of finger foods and purees)

Thank you. I didn't know about the green veggies being harder to digest. I'll just stick with basics. How's squash, pears, apples, carrots and sweet potatoes?

https://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/solids-when/
Iwould take the solid poops as a sign that baby is not ready for solid foods. 5 months is so young and you have all the time in the world to feed the all sorts of tasty food. We did baby led solids starting at 6 months so he took it super slow and poops didn't change for several months and still at almost 17 months aren't super solid. I know doctors in the US seem to really push solids early but they aren't needed at this age

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->