Eco disposables?

T-Bex

Mother of one
Reaction score
We're going away for a few days in july, and it's going to be impossible to wash my cloth, so we're going to be in disposables for the duration. But I've gotten so into my cloth, I really don't want to put her into any of the mainstream disposables with all of the chemicals.

Can anyone recommend some disposables that are chemical low (if not free), and biodegrade? I'm getting a bit worried about the whole thing.

Thanks!

Interested in replies for this in case I need them in the future xx

Matthew from C&C said that they were getting something in along these lines soon...

Bugger, no-one seems to know!

I know that Boots sell a brand, and they were ok before. I'll get them, and see how well we do. I just don't want to use sposies at all, to be honest! :hissy:

Theres these?

https://www.greenbaby.com/Green+Baby+Products/new+mums/nappies/tushies+disposable+nappies/list.htm

Bugger, no-one seems to know!

I know that Boots sell a brand, and they were ok before. I'll get them, and see how well we do. I just don't want to use sposies at all, to be honest! :hissy:

can't speak from experience as i'm obviously yet to use them, but i've got a load of disposables by nature babycare (the ones from boots) for when i give birth to use in the first couple of weeks. they're 70% biodegradable i think and chlorine free.

i also read about some called little angels go eco which you can get from asda.
https://priceprobe.co.uk/little-angels-go-eco-baby-mini-best-price/bathing-potty-training/p1356201

I love Nature babycare :thumbup:

We used them for the first few months with Lennon.
Loads of people have recommended Sainsburys Eco to me but we just never got along with them

x

I've used the Nature care ones, and find them ok.... You always used to be able to get them in Tescos too..

I use sposies at night and have tried them all I think!! There is a website where you can get sample packs - https://www.beamingbaby.co.uk/baby_products/eco_trial_pack.html#aA41602

Nature Babycare are very good, and the easiest to find in the shops (Waitrose sell them if you can't find any in Boots). Otherwise you can order online - Moltex and Bambo are also good but a little pricier. Tushies are the way to go if you want gel free, but I'm not sure how they'd hold out overnight.

I just bought a pack of Sainsbury's eco nappies to try and they leaked up Emma's back :( So back to Nature Babycare it is.

HTH!

i have pack nature babycare for hospital caSe they say i cant use cloth

I'm in mansfield too and i know someone who used cloth at kings mill hospital - she just got her hubby to take them home and wash them. I didn't as i was told they wouldn't allow them too!

the only eco sposie i've used were the flip disposable inserts, they're eco grade and tbh i found them just as good as a normal sposie or cloth nappy.

We loved the Asda eco ones when we used them. Didn't get on with the Nature Babycare as they seemed to cut into her legs, but others love them. Unfortunately, it probably just depends on your baby.

I think it might have to be an Asda trip, by the sound of it!

Thanks ladies!

i used asda ones with Ethan for 18 months after failing miserably with cloth then with Noah till we went full time with cloth. I highly recommend them, don't think we ever had a leak, they smelt better than pampers and huggies too imo (well till Noah came along but all disposables smell on him for some reason).

the nature ones are ok but papery and leak through easily, we found.
we do like the sainsburys eco ones, but the best we found were the bambo (think you get them online). yes a bit pricier but not much and if only for holidays it wouldnt add up to much?
ive never found any of the eco ones in any asda ive ever been in!

Ethical superstore do Moltex nappies that are good. I have used them before. There is also some called Bamboo too (not as good in my opinion).

I'm in mansfield too and i know someone who used cloth at kings mill hospital - she just got her hubby to take them home and wash them. I didn't as i was told they wouldn't allow them too!

the only eco sposie i've used were the flip disposable inserts, they're eco grade and tbh i found them just as good as a normal sposie or cloth nappy.

I gave birth at Kings Mill (!!) and was never told that I couldn't! I just chose to use sposies for the short time I was meant to be in (Ha ha!!) and put him in cloth to come home. In fact the MWs that I spoke to were all really supportive of it!

AND thinking of it.. I've used the Asda ones too.. and they are ok! - Although I find them quite big in sizing (not in bulk!) but I'm not sure if that's cos I am not used to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->