Eco friendly shopping

Yammas

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bit of a random debate but Ive been wondering about this for a while and would like some of your opinions.

Is it better to buy eco friendly products from abroad (e.g. america) than buy the same mass produced products from local shops which have already been shipped from wherever and arent as kind to the environment???

I personally think its better to buy normal products that are more locally produced, IMHO. Most mainstream products are really catching up now anyway, most products use biodegradable ingredients and there is a move towards using oxygen based bleaching agents etc. I really love Dr Bronner's products but with them coming from the US I don't buy anymore xx

I think it varies product to product, and it's also worth looking at the company themselves before buying to see how they justify the environment impact of their product, especially if it's marketed as eco. It also depends on how local it is, is it just manufactured or is it produced there as well, the basic components might have a bigger footprint.

I agree it does depend on product but you cant get everything in one country and most companies get their products from abroad. So its not always possible to locally source

I am thankful to have found a local company that makes Eco friendly products. Where I can, I prefer to support local business.

I am also keen to try homemade cleaners it haven't really looked into it yet

I did a project on something similar to this as part of one of my Uni courses. The truth is we can never know exactly the impacts of products we buy, there are so many variables it'd be impossible to look into it all. I think we just have to make judgements based on what information we do have :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->