Eco-friendly tips??

Cinnamon

Reaction score
Ok, so I used to get rashes when I was a baby and my mum used to use the ancient cloth nappies instead (those nappies were just a square of white cotton)... Now I Know there are tonnes of cute and cool cloth nappies on the net and it turns out ecofriendly too!!! There are also cloth wipes...:happydance:

Have you girls got any other tips to be eco-friendly?? Can be anything (apart from typicall paper/plastic/glass recycling) just recycling/reusing stuff to anything baby concerned such as the cloth nappies...:hugs::hug:xxxxxxx

Turning things off and not leaving on standby. Recycling as much as you can, not just waste, give old clothes,books,cd'sect to charity shops. Use energy saving lightbulbs, dont use your tumble dryer if its not raining. Put washing machines to 30.

we don't buy cleaning products (spray cleaners like cif ect) anymore, instead we clean almost everything with a mixture of 1/3 white vinegar & 2/3 water in a spray bottle, or bicarb soda is GREAT for breaking down stubborn grease. Basically if you have white vinegar and bicarb soda you can clean anything in your home, they are anti bacterial and both break down grease great and vinegar leaves a lovely shine to surfaces & glass! oh and soda crystals are great added to washing powder to break down stains or for washing the floor :)

just wanted to add the vinegar smell goes as soon as the surface is dry so it doesn't hang around, and if you want you can add a couple drops of essential oils to your vinegar/water mixture if you want a nice smell. Teatree is good or grapefruit

buying second hand stuff for baby. Stuff that doesn;t have to be new - like baby monitors and furniture. Then pass on or sell when you've finished
Good thing about that is, if theres any leftover in the clothes(although there shouldnt be ) they will be washed out already.

btw: I don#t even have a tumble drier, I always dry them on the line(inside or if the weather is suitable outside.

we don't buy cleaning products (spray cleaners like cif ect) anymore, instead we clean almost everything with a mixture of 1/3 white vinegar & 2/3 water in a spray bottle, or bicarb soda is GREAT for breaking down stubborn grease. Basically if you have white vinegar and bicarb soda you can clean anything in your home, they are anti bacterial and both break down grease great and vinegar leaves a lovely shine to surfaces & glass! oh and soda crystals are great added to washing powder to break down stains or for washing the floor :)

Hey, I'll have to try that!!! What are soda crystals? You don't buy cleaning product for the floor?

Hey, I'll have to try that!!! What are soda crystals? You don't buy cleaning product for the floor?

nope we use the soda crystals on the floor, you get them in a bag in the cleaning section, it's about 80p for a bag, you just dissolve some crystals in hot water and mop away (they can also be used for tough stains on clothing in the wash and to break down thick grease on pans)

myself & DP suffer badly with sinus problems but have found that since switching to using just those few products our sinuses have been alot better :)

Don't buy jarred baby food but make your own puree! If you don't have time to prepare, buy glass jars (not plastic containers!).

:)

nope we use the soda crystals on the floor, you get them in a bag in the cleaning section, it's about 80p for a bag, you just dissolve some crystals in hot water and mop away (they can also be used for tough stains on clothing in the wash and to break down thick grease on pans)

myself & DP suffer badly with sinus problems but have found that since switching to using just those few products our sinuses have been alot better :)

OIC, I think they probably don't have those here in Spain, I've never heard of them. Even so I'll ask at my supermarket. How long does the bag last?

OIC, I think they probably don't have those here in Spain, I've never heard of them. Even so I'll ask at my supermarket. How long does the bag last?

it really depends on what you use it for. I only really use it for cleaning floors, we have a tiled kitchen & 2 wood floor bathrooms that i use it on, so a 1kg bag (80p) lasts us about 1 - 2 months, thats mopping those floors 2 - 3 times a week

Wow, great value for money!!! I should be going to England in oct. I might look for them. What supermarket should I go to?? Thanks.xxx

Wow, great value for money!!! I should be going to England in oct. I might look for them. What supermarket should I go to?? Thanks.xxx

All the main supermarkets have them, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsburys, also stores like wilkinsons and home bargains will have them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->