ectopic symptoms needed plz!

lulu35

Reaction score
i dont know if ive posted in the right section but i have been having really bad pain in the tipsof my shoulders, blood tests have confirmed pregnancy and they have risen nicely over the past 4 days but this pain wont go away...ive been scanned and they say its to early to see the baby in my uterus just now and tomorrow im going back to hosp for more tests....just wanted to know ifi should be worried.

thanks x

The shoulder pain associated with ectopic pregnancy is the result of massive internal bleeding into the abdominal cavity. That's just not something you would have happen at 5 weeks. It is likely trapped wind or otherwise unrelated to the pregnancy... but its good that you're being looked after, regardless! :hugs: And, CONGRATS!

hi honey dont know if this is of any use but when i was pregnant i had terrible pains in my shoulders and i worried about it. but i found out its actually a symptom of pregnancy and that other women suffer from this pain. x sylvia x

Hi hun.
I had a ectopic myself in Jan. It was discovered at 6wks and was about to rupture. The only symptoms i had was light bleeding and a very mild shooting pain down my left thigh. No severe pain and no shoulder tip pain.

Try not to worry too much yet as its rare for ectopics to rupture before 6wks.

I was scanned at 6wks and the pregnancy was very clear to see in my tube and i had emergency surgery to remove the entire left tube.

Congrats on the pregnancy and fingers x'd everything is ok for u xxx

thank you all so much, just thought i'd stop by and give a wee update....had another internal scan today and the sac showed as being in my uterus...they think ive got probs with my gallbladder now!!!!....but im so relieved.....good luck to you all on your own special journey x x x

Ooh... Gallbladder often refers the pain to your shoulder! That's highly likely! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->