Egg Donor Thoughts?

hoping4apos

Reaction score
I just found out today from our FS, that the egg donor option will afford us a much higher success rate than the standard IVF. I received so many numbers from our Dr today and can't recall them all but basically, I am 41 and my eggs are not what he had hoped for but can still use them. The issue is, my husband has a very low sperm count, with very low motility so with the combination of both, the dr basically said that our chances of conceiving using my eggs is about 10-15% but the chances of conceiving using a donor egg would be approx 50-60%. I am okay with this and maybe it's b/c I'm adopted so I know that you don't have to be blood related to be 'family', but my husband is really struggling with the thought of an egg donor.

Is anyone else going through this with their significant other in making this decision? I am just at a loss as we have a much higher % of success with the donor egg and that coupled with the fact that we will be paying out of pocket for this, just seems to be the right deicsion as we are both incredibly eager to start a family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->