Egg quality at age 32?

unicornwish

Reaction score
I'm currently ttc no.2, already have a 3 year old conceived when I was 28. Had to take clomid due to ovulation issues so am taking it again this time round. I don't class myself as 'old' so wasn't too worried but stumbled across an article about egg quality and it says quality starts to decrease at age 30 and starts to decease dramatically at age 32 😞
Now feel very anxious! Does anyone else know anything about this? I am aware u are more fertile in your teens/20's but was really shocked to hear this

Hi just wanted to say how come ypur taking clomid again? Only saying this as took me 5 yrs with my ds in end after all tests coming bk they put me on clomid as had low ovulation levels. I conceived i was also 28, when he turned 6 we decided to ttc for #2 i too was worried would i need clomid again? But went off bc pills & conceived second cycle! I realised i was worrying over nothing. That was at age 35. I mc but that was due to a condition i get in pregnancy not because of poor egg quality. Good luck hun & i wouldn't take the clomid just yet try withput it for a while first x

Also try not to worry over age statistics & fertilty i'v done that but goes to show i was more fertile when older lol & i personally know alot of freinds who also struggled when ypunger but conceived easier when older. My own sisters got pregnant with thier 3rd & 4th child after 35 within 4/5 cycles & have healthy babies to show for it

Mom2sam I'm pretty sure I'm still not ovulating, my cycles are long up to 33 days which can be a sign of annovulation & whenever I have a 21 day progesterone done it shows no ovulation. Just thought it would be easier to take the clomid again. Sorry to hear about your m/c and good luck with ttc.
Mum140381 I know it's crazy as we are hardly old but plenty of people do conceive in their 30's just have to stay positive I suppose!

I am 31, at my annual, my OB/GYN said that Clomid is good for women who are trying and not getting there for many reasons, but if you are already ovulating, you increase your chance of multiples (twins or triplets nothing over the top).

I am turning 31 in a week and he didn't seem at all worried about my longer cycle as long as it is regular (32 days) and normal for me (since I was 16). He did say that after 35 is when they start to worry putting women on Clomid, there are increased chances of a lot of different complications and also the longer you have to try the less of a chance you will get pregnant on something like Clomid after a certain age.

Thanks for the info carrie, my mum conceived my sister same age as me on clomid (she hadn't had fertility probs previously just wasn't ovulating at one point for some reason)
I'm hoping it works again for me this time round as I definitely don't O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->