Elective Section (UK) - Pre Op.

ems

Reaction score
For those who have had a pre op before, what does it involve? I have mine tomorrow afternoon and am just assuming what will happen.

Is it like a midwife check (Babes heartbeat, measurement, pee, blood pressure etc) plus bloods and medications? I was just told Id get measured up for surgical stockings too...Is there anything I should prepare myself for?

It was pretty straight forward for me. Just like you said. Check bloods, allergies, baby's position and heartbeat. They explain the procedure and what will happen with the spinal and that. Nothing to really prepare for.

Congrats on your LO :)

Oooooh how exciting 5 days to go. I've got 4 weeks yet hope it passes quickly. I was told that the anethatist(?) will speak to you too. Good luck x x

Thats it basically! We ended up being there for 3 and a half hours and I had to go back another day for my blood test!

Hope your not kept waiting for too long. Good look with your C-Section :flower:

Crikey, was that just waiting time?

Thanks girls. Im ok as long as I know whats coming up, unfortunately my MW appointment is for the morning after the pre op so I cant ask her :dohh:

I have already had my MRSA tests done and gather I was all clear as I've not had any feedback, was caught unaware with that one and felt a right wolly putting a large cotton bud down my groin in the antenatal ward :haha:

Clare, I think time has zoomed by, especially the last month! Babe will be here before you know it :D

I think my pre-op was with just the anaesthetist, I don't remember seeing anyone else between my ECV, app with anaesthetist and the actual surgery.

Good luck with it, I'm sure all hospitals do theirs a little differently :winkwink:

Ive just got back. I was weighed, had blood pressure done, heart rate and height taken. I then went and spoke with a midwife who went through what happens the night before, the morning and after the op. She told me what to take to theatre with me and I we discussed skin to skin, BF and visitors. She gave me medication and told me to get my bloods done tomorrow and then its just the weekend to go! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->