Electronic Breast pumps... Worth it?

glitterfly

Reaction score
Hi girls, I currently have the Avent hand pump. I've got a great milk supply but it just takes a while to express. alhougg my bubs is still only small I plan on Bf as long as pos and wondered whether to invest in an electronic pump? Are they worth it?

Would you recommend buying or renting one? If renting where do I rent from?

TIA

X

I had the Avent manual pump with my first child and then the Ameda Purely Yours Ultra double electric pump with my other two and there is a WORLD of difference in efficiency and output in a much quicker time frame.

I personally found that my manual pump was more efficient, I used it multiple times per day for almost a year. I felt really tied down with my double electric pump and I found that in order to get as much milk in as much time as my manual I had to turn the suction up quite high which resulted in some rather painful nipples.

I think most people prefer electric pumps, though, so it's worth a shot if you have the money to spare.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Medela electric double pump though most the time I only use one at a time instead of doing the double (I usually only get 8 oz from both breasts put together so it seems silly to dirty 2 bottles. But with a manual I like others have said had to turn it all the way up for it to do anything. My hands got sore and it felt like it took ten years. At least with an electric I feel like I can multitask :haha:

Yes yes yes yes YES. That is all!!

Thanks so much girls. In going to have a little look at what's out there. The whole manual pump is not working well. In spending every spare minute pumping when I have a 2 year old to chase round! Thanks again.

Xxx

I think hospitals rent them out here, not sure how you'd go about doing it. Maybe you can rent one for a month and see how you like it? I've been fine with my manual pump, but I only really pump for a few bottles a week and a tiny emergency freezer stash. I'll get an electric pump eventually, but only because my insurance will pay for it.

I loooove my Medela electric double pump. I get a large quantity and I'm not killing my breasts since it has various speeds for comfort and efficiency.

I'd like to have one more baby in The future and so the purchase option works for me. You can get an electric one from most insurances too (in the us) or free. Not sure how good they are.

I vote electric- and own.

Not sure if you will be going back to work, but a double electric is essential if you'll be pumping throughout the day, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->