Elf On The Shelf

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
We did a few things last year but didn't really take any pictures. I admit some days we didn't do much and although fun it wasn't fun when you remembered at 11pm just as you were about to nod off!

Drew funny faces on their school photo
Drew on their faces
Made Olaf from toilet rolls

... I can't remember :lol:

Have you any pictures and/or ideas to share? I think this is my last year doing it ... just! :cry:

To be honest I don't really get our elf to "do" stuff! He just watches from his sitting place and moves around from night to night. The Olaf thing sounds so funny though.

I've just brought a load of bits from amazon so we can be better with our elf this year.

We have done the usual:
Making snowmen out of loo rolls
Drawing minion face on bananas
Some messy baking
Writing in toothpaste in the bathroom
Reading stories to toys
Making a mess of the toy box

Nothing to adventurous but I'm hoping to up it this year now ds1 and ds2 will understand

Talia we didn't always do something and 'Henry' just hid on various places so it was a bit like hide and seek when they couldn't see him!

Oh yes we did the Minions on bananas also some snowball cupcake decorations they had to plan them in sugar and in the morning there were candy canes.

I'd like to make a little more effort this year that's for sure.

Last year our elf did the usual things I guess nothing exciting :haha:

*delivered their advent calendar
*wrote a message on the worktop in ketchup (messy messy messy!)
*took a bath in the sink
*scattered their cereal all over the work top
*did some baking and delivered a baking kit for them (gingerbread snowmen)
*ate biscuits and drank milk
*delivered christmas books and wrapped tubes of sweets for when they had had good days
*hid in the fridge

We bought a elf message board so he wrote a lot of messages.

Love these ideas, never occurred to me to do this with our EOTS and think my son is still a bit little but I'm hoarding ideas! Love the message board idea and LOVE the planting candy canes thing!

Brings advent calendars
Leaves candy cane seeds to grow candy canes
Zip lined across the living room on a candy cane
Made a washing line and pegged all their underwear all over the living room
Made a swing in the door frame from a toilet roll tube
Pooped chocolate raisins on the floor
Snowball fight with cotton wool balls
Made them matching pj's
Wrapped up the tv
Wrapped up all their plates, bowls, cups and cutlery at breakfast
Made them tiny doughnuts
I can't think of anymore lol

Ooo I still have my calendar from last year I will dig it out in a minute and post what we did ! I can't wait to do it again this year ! DD1 loved it . Hoping they will both enjoy it this year too ! X

I bought some pretty cool props today from eBay! Excited!

Ours brought our advent calendars and our book advent.
Our elf learns behaviour from DR and SD, if they were good, she did good things, if they were naughty, she was worse 😂😂 she brought them craft things, left magic beans (pink tic tacs) which grew into candy canes.
She also turned our milk green, drew faces on our photo frames, turned the bananas into minions. She covered our tree and tv in toilet paper. And she wrote rude messages on the bathroom tiles with our bath crayons :lol: excited for her to appear again this year!!

hmm let's see if I can remember that far back :lol:

DH built a booth like the one in Charlie Brown Christmas (Lucy's psychiatry booth) and had the elves sit at that (was prob my favourite last year)

Put the Elf in a glass cup with a Help Me sign

Shaved with DH's razor (shaving cream on face, holding razor)

Brought the kids their own Christmas tree to decorate (found a very cheap one on clearance).

Candy cane hunt

Scavenger hunts (my kids love this so we did a couple)

Wrapping paper hung in strips outside their door. (Some people wrap the entire door but I don't think it'd be good with my two :haha:)

decorated the kitchen with bows on all the doors (they love this one too)

Ha I love the kitchen idea! I'd prob go with every handle in the house :rofl:

Last year Buddy arrived on1st Dec and wrote a msg in mini marshmallows 'I'm back' and brought 1st Dec boxes, made a Snowman out of toilet rolls, made a zip wire across the lounge, climbed the C'mas tree, decorated the lounge in toilet roll, left tic tacs to plant in sugar and instructions so they grew in to candy canes, made cakes and left everything out for them to decorate, wrote a msg in toothpaste on the bathroom sink, left a few cinema packs, left book and writing paper to send their santa letters, made a 'shoe shoe train', left their tickets to their santa experiences, played with their toys a couple of times, drew a self portrait, drew minions on bananas, left their C'mas eve boxes and wrote an 'I love you' msg using candy canes for the heart. That's the majority of them, not very imaginative I'm afraid. Been looking on pintrest and screen shotting a few things recently. So far I've got...
Making a slide out of their books,
Eating Nutella,
Rolling down the stairs in a roll of toilet paper,
Writing a msg in flour,
Drawing on their faces,
Sweeping up spilt cereal with their toy dustpan and brush, toasting marshmallows, then the usual...bringing their advent calendars, tickets to santa experiences, cinema packs, C'mas eve and Dec 1st boxes and writing paper for letters. Luckily they're still young enough to be happy with simple things at the moment.

I didn't do Elf on the Shelf but I did my elf door that I made, moved it around the house and nobody could touch it, then the invisible elf was watching. I posted letters through the letterbox every day to bribe DD1 to be good :haha: It worked. They got a kinder egg each week as a prize.

- Mix up their outfits? So an item of your clothing, item of theirs and item of OH's?
- Wrap furniture in wrapping paper
- Toilet paper down the stairs
- Build snowmen out of fruit
- Hang candy canes off all the door handles
- Swing from the light
- Dress up in baubles and pretend to be a tree

I did it last year, not sure about this year as the girls wasn't that interested. Maybe we need to be a bit more adventurous. Like the idea of doing good things Vs naughty things...

Following for ideas. We start off doing a few things bu then get sick if it after a few days. He usuall brings the advent calendars and christmas eve box. Plus a few activities, throughout the month. One year they played hide and seek, the game lasted about a week. We had actually just lost them. I think we found them in a toy box?! Both kids just live to take thir elves into bed with them, and on thw walk o and from school.

We did elf on the shelf last year and dd1 loved it! We had a cute girl elf. I didn't find it as difficult or as time consuming as I thought I would.

Things the elf did -
Rope swing off the ceiling light
Drew mustaches on photos
Got stuck in a glass jar
Decorated the tree with socks
Cut out the face on a rice crispie box and stuck hers through the hole
Fishing in a bowl of Dory cereal
Snow angel on a tray of flour
Rolled down stairs in a toilet roll
Was poorly one morning; wrapped in blanket, tissues, thermometer, etc
Wrapped dd's school book bag in wrapping paper.
Ate lots of sweets and left the empty wrappers
Went swimming in a big tub of celebrations
Had a movie night; sat with remote, pringles, popcorn
Made paper snowflakes
Wrote in bathroom with toothpaste
Had a camping trip
Picnic with other toys and play food
Had a race on my little ponies

On days when I didn't have much time ( or couldn't be bothered!) She just left treats out for them.

I really want to start this before Grace gets too big. I bought an elf last year but DD found it and wanted it as a lovey so will need to look for another one. I don't like the actual elf on the shelf though, he looks like he would give me nightmares!

I also don't know anyone else who does it so worry that would make her question it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->