Elias vs Isaac

rosegarden620

Reaction score
So, my husband loves Elias and is super fond of Isaac. I love Isaac and am super fond of Elias. Hubby's reasoning behind liking the names are "they sound very cool". -___- lol I love them both for separate reasons. I love Isaac, because Isaac means laughter. And laughter is such a perfect word to describe mine and my husbands relationship - we love and live to laugh together and it just makes so much sense that our son (if it is boy) be named it. I love Elias because its my great grandfathers name and I can call him Eli (which i love) . UGH! I can't decide, one minute I love one more than the other and then the next minute--not!

Elias (eh-lee-us) for my spanish speaking family
(ee-lie-us) american

I should add, I have a Mia, Lyra and an Ezra.

With those kind of reasons I cannot choose but using your husbands method I am very fond of Isaac.

I love Isaac, it was on our boy list!

At this rate I told hubby that we will have to hold our baby and see what they "feel like".

For a girl we have Isabel Rose.
But I'm torn about the boy name!

Thanks for all the input! ❤️

I absolutely love both but for me Elias just tops it as I dont know any but I do know an Isaac :flower:

I think Isaac sounds best with your other children's names x

I love Elias but I'm never quite sure how to say it. Isaac is a lovely name, and sounds lovely with your other babies x

I like both but I prefer Isaac a little. Especially with your kids names I think Isaac is a perfect fit x

Im leaning more towards Isaac too!!!
I will randomly jump into a room DH is in and shout: "ISAAC OR ELIAS? QUICK! ANSWER!" and he'll very calmly say "Elias"...although sometimes he will say Isaac. On the plus side, I will get what I want. lol.

Now, I'm also considering how my spanish speaking family will pronounce it. They have THE HARDEST time with Ezra. Like, my grandmother won't even say it. My mom says its because its not a letter combination in the spanish speaking language that they are familiar with. Mia they have no problem with, or with Lyra. But Ezra...my God you would think it was a name from another planet with the way my family says it, or should I say REFUSES to say it. ::EYE ROLL::

My 8 yo his name is Elias and we almost always call him Eli. So i vote Elias!

That's tough! Both are great names that sound wonderful with the names of your other children. I have always loved the name Isaac and it's meaning, but your great grandfather is named Elias and Eli is such a cute nickname and there really is no nickname for Isaac. I guess I am no help LOL

I love BOTH of these names! So much so, my son is named Isaac, and if this baby would have been a boy, his name would have been Eli. Alas, we are having another girl, but Eli is definitely still in my back pocket. And I'm so in love with my little Isaac.

Not a terribly common name, but not a crazy out-there name, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->