Eliza-Grace or Grace?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
We are dead set on Grace, she'd known as 'Gracie' by us all.
However I still feel we should use Eliza as a first name.

So Eliza-Grace nn Gracie (is this silly)
Or just Grace?
Or Grace-Eliza? (Best option but doesn't flow as well)

I feel a massive amount of love for Eliza because of the reason it was chose.
Although I dislike double barreled names .. But would happily have one for the reasons we have?

What to do ...

Eliza-grace is such a pretty name, but would it get shortened to Ellie or lizzie?

I think it can be confusing when people are called by their middle name, unless people are aware then she'd just get called Eliza (family and friends would know but others wouldn't). I do like Eliza though (it was on my list) and think Grace Eliza sounds lovely x

Eliza-grace is such a pretty name, but would it get shortened to Ellie or lizzie?

We would shorten it to Gracie
So Gracie as her nickname
Eliza-Grace as her full name

Most people that have seen all my posts are aware my nan passed away a few months ago and Eliza is the name she chose for us too use x

Grace Eliza for me is the best compromise. Gracie is adorable and is definitely better with the first name of just Grace. Eliza is very meaningful and so having it as a middle name is a nod to that sentiment for you. IMO double-barrelling the name just makes it over complicated especially if you wouldn't usually do it x

Grace Eliza for me is the best compromise. Gracie is adorable and is definitely better with the first name of just Grace. Eliza is very meaningful and so having it as a middle name is a nod to that sentiment for you. IMO double-barrelling the name just makes it over complicated especially if you wouldn't usually do it x

I think we are re considering because two girls in the same (very small) town as me have announced they are calling their babies Eliza. & I feel that it's my name, yet I don't want to use it myself but don't want anyone else too (ridiculous I know).
I cried when I found out the one girl was considering it & I don't want to regret not using it and when her Eliza is born seeing people comment on the name will really upset me I think. Silly I know.

I think we are re considering because two girls in the same (very small) town as me have announced they are calling their babies Eliza. & I feel that it's my name, yet I don't want to use it myself but don't want anyone else too (ridiculous I know).
I cried when I found out the one girl was considering it & I don't want to regret not using it and when her Eliza is born seeing people comment on the name will really upset me I think. Silly I know.

Aw what are the chances of that! I can totally understand, I don't think you're silly at all. I'm the same with the name Lily and I don't even have a daughter and am not pregnant! But I feel like it's 'my' name which is silly. So I get how you feel. Call her what YOU want to call her, not based on other peoples' decisions. You may hardly see these people in 5 years so call her whichever you like x

I probably won't see either of them ever as different friends groups it's just typical that I go for an unusual name and two people announce they're using it!
When I see someone on here say they like It I get all protective lol! It's ridiculous!

I say Grace Eliza Poppy (just like your signature), nn. Gracie

No hyphen.

Your nan would be so pleased! :hugs:

Yeah I'd do Grace Eliza (Poppy) without a hyphen as she will have two middle names anyways and it's just confusing. (I'm not a fan of Poppy personally but I like how it's like your DDs 2nd middle)

Another option could be Gracelyn Eliza to make it flow better IMO and can still use nn Gracie which is super super cute!

I think any of those combos are gorgeous! And I love the sentiment behind Eliza.

My dad, husband, brother, and son all go by their middle names. DS #2 will also go by his middle name. It really isn't ever an issue...the only time it ever comes up is in school and/or medical records. You have beautiful names picked out--use whatever combination you love the most, and nickname her whatever you like. : )

Any of the combos are beautiful, but my favorite is Eliza Grace. Plenty of people go by their middle name, my husband included.

Eliza has such a beautiful sentiment behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->