• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Embarrasing question.....

jomax

Reaction score
**Warning possibly TMI ...**

ok so i'm a bit bunged up at the mo and would dearly love to have a no. 2 :blush: this is probably a really silly question but i'm curious so i thought what the hell i'll start a post on here.

i've read that straining/exercise/over exertion can cause a miscarriage. is it therefore possible to strain one's self too much on the loo? I mean it would have to be a severe strain wouldn't it?

highly unlikely i'm pregnant (4 DPO) but for future reference any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!!

hmmmmmmmm drink plenty of water and eat a very hot curry - one that would irritate you tummy just a wee bit ,that should help to the extent of not over IYKWIM but I wouldnt take the curry if would really upset your tummy !

You can take senokot tablets they are completely natural. But constipation is a sign of being preggers.

I doubt you could strain and cause a MC but I am no doc xx

wow i have no idea if that would in any way be stressful on an early pregnancy... somehow i doubt it but i wouldnt suggest you strain anyway because then you'll get piles hahahaha

drink lots of water, eat plenty of fruit and veg, get something like bran flakes and obviously theres stuff you can buy at the chemist to help :thumbup:

well i've had a thai curry tonight so we'll see how it goes hehe - thanks ladies!

Make sure you eat plenty of fiber, it will help loosen things up some. I have issues with IBS and take metamucil and eat cereals and other foods that are high in fiber. It helps make the straining lessen somewhat

there is no evidence to say that straining for a poo can cause a miscarriage, so strain away lol

Glad u asked this as i have wondered myself! I also worry about sneezing when im dpo... LMAO send the men in white coats eh? haha xxx

Seeing as lots of women don't even known they're preggers at that early point - no exercise, over exertion will make you miscarry. In early pregnancy you can pretty much do what ever you do normally - we're talking something so tiny its perfectly safe within you and totally protected.

In later pregnancy its a different issue as exertion etc can trigger early labour but you can trust me on this, nothing like hard bump in the road, bad constipation, flying, jumping on a trampoline etc etc is gonna dislodge it and/or cause a mc! :) Also, even a small bump can make alter your usual balance so again, do nothing crazy like going up ladders or skiing etc (yes, people wanna do these things, lol)

Rest assured if its meant to be there it will stay there come hell or high water :) Its all common sense, hun although i can understand the wondering :) Hope that helps

Oh, and good luck!

Omi xxx

Going for a stroll is always a good way to losen the bowels! O:)

if im struggling i have some tea that seems to help with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->