Embarrassing question ??

Miraclepeanut

Reaction score
I wondered if any of you ladies have or know whether or not it is possible to breast feed with inverted nipples??? :blush::blush:

This is a problem I have always been self concious about, but never spoken to my doc about as never had the need...

Now im pregnant I actually might want to use my boobs for something constructive lol!

Any comments/thought much appreciated as long as they arent jokes at my expense :dohh:

I really dont know hun, maybe you could have look round google.
Id suggest mentioning it to the midwife when you go as im sure she will know something about it.

Hi Hun, I went to antenatal last friday and the MW's mentioned that peeps with inverted nips can defo breastfeed.. hope this helps hun xx

It is possible to breastfeed with inverted nipples...some babies do find it harder to latch on initially, but there are certain techniques to make things easier for you by preparing them before you give birth. It might be worth talking to a lactation consultant - or someone at a local breastfeeding clinic if you have one - before you start x

https://www.breastfeed-essentials.com/invertednipples.html

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/breastfeeding/invertedexpert/

It's definately possible. Medela makes a product called TheraShells. They're used for sore nipples but can also be used for flat or inverted nipples.
https://www.medela.ca/CDN/en/breastfeeding/products/breastshells.php

Yes yes you can my dear!!! :)

Yeah I've also heard it's definitely possible x

yes you can hun you can buy special shells from mothercare to place over the nipple area and baby latches onto that

You can indeed though it can be painful if babe isn't latched on properly. Believe me I know. :blush: However, as a very helpful soul pointed out already, you can get nipple shields for use over sorely nips. :D I think that they're likely to help in the boobie to bottle change/cross over too since they're made of latex or similar material to bottle teats.

Well I shall be using them anyway. ;)

the added bonus of breastfeeding with those nipple shields is that baby should actually stretch your nipples out after a short while of breastfeeding so they wont be inverted anymore xxx

P.S there is also a chance that nipples with "pop out" during pregnancy anyway nearer the end, our bodies are clever at preparing for bubs xx

I had an inverted nipple when i had my 1st and when i was breastfeeding the midwife noticed that she wasnt latched on properly, but i perservered wiv the inverted nipple and after 2 wks my nipple was no longer inverted. Bf actually corrected it and its been fine ever since. That was nearly 9 yrs ago.

HTH.

V x x x

Mine used to be really "flat"....so not inverted as such. I struggled a little at 1st but then they naturally popped out...now the buggers won't go back to flat:dohh::blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->