Emergency growth scan

loola

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Some help needed. Its a long one sorry.

I was admitted to the maternity assessment unit at 26 weeks due to reduced movement. All was fine , but she measured my bump and I was measuring in the 99th percentile.

I then had my routine 28 week midwife appointment on Monday , she measured me and I was measuring in the 9th percentile!!!! Her explanation was that the other midwife must have been wrong. I wasn't too accepting of that , but was told all was normal and fine.

I had to go for my 28 week bloods at my delivery unit yesterday, I mentioned my measurements and just asked if she wouldn't mind giving me a second opinion on them as my previous ones were so so different. She shot off with my notes and returned some 20 minutes later with the ward sister who said I would be having a growth scan on Thursday, no ifs or buts. She also told me that I was now classed as a clinical risk as no one had picked up these abnormalities and that she was placing an internal complaint about my treatment. I was also advised to place a formal complaint. The only explanation I got of what the outcome could be, was that he could just be a small baby, but surely 9th percentile is super small?!

I just need re-assurance or anyone who has been in this kind of situation. What were your outcomes? What should I expect on the road ahead? I don't know the severity of this situation.

Thanks Ladies xx

Sorry I don't have any advice but didn't want to read and run!
That is shocking how they've treated you though. If they are advising you to submit a complaint I would do it.

I hope you get some answers soon and that it's not as scary as you imagine. Waiting for answers is always stressful. Big hugs.

Oh wow how confusing! I would imagine that the MW at the hospital must have measured you as if you were a couple of weeks earlier on, which would make your fundal height seem bigger? I'm glad the hospital are taking this seriously and hopefully your growth scan will show everything is ok :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->