Emmie Mae

JessicaMarie

Pregnant!
Reaction score
My husband and I are ttc our third, and we have been talking about girl names for 2 years, and have never both loved one. We have a boy name picked out already. Anyway, he mentioned Emmie tonight, which I vetoed right away because it seemed too trendy, which I am not into at all. Then I threw out Emmie Mae, which he liked. Thoughts please??!! Thanks!!!

I like it, one of my friends has an Emmy and it's such a lovely name :)

I am nervous, because Emma and Emily are so so popular, and Emmie/Emmy is often a nn of that. I tried to find less common names for my daughters, and have kinda obsessed over it- My name was the number 1 name for all of the years around my birth year!

I think it's a really cute name! And is a nice alteration of Emma and Emily.
Really nice <3

I love it, I have Emilia, nn Emmie on my list for number 3 :)

I think Emmie Mae is a cute and girly name. If you're worried about it being too common, maybe check out longer names that start with the Em- prefix that Emmie could be a nickname for - I really do like the name Emmeline, for example, aside from the fact that it was one of my hubby's ex girlfriends and therefore totally off limits for my daughter LOL. (Don't ya hate when a good name gets ruined for you like that?!)

I love Emmie and really considered it this time but it always feels like a nn to me. Also not a fan of shoving mae on the end of names just for the sake of it sorry.

Emmie is a lovely, feminine name but I personally hate the name Mae. It's so common and I hate the spelling.

Agree with previous posts Emmie is very sweet and girly. Goes lovely with Mae!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->