Emotional journey got me thinking....

Archie46

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new on here. I'm in the UK, I have a little boy who is 4 months old. He is exclusively breastfed. I'm studying and want to do my dissertation on this topic but unsure what exactly to research. Was thinking maybe interview one woman who is or did breastfeed and look at her experience and then another woman who never tried to breastfeed and her experience. What do you think? Any suggestions welcome and appreciated. Thank you in advance xx

You could examine feeding choices by age group/socioeconomic status/career type. You could investigate reasons why people stop bf. So for example those who bf for a week/month/year etc. Or you could look at the pressure put on mums to bf by health professionals and the effects on guilt. Or the difference between men and women on attitudes to bf e.g women are more likely to make negative comments to bfing mums than men?

Thanks there's some good ideas there. I've just started reading the politics of breastfeeding....good so far :)

What are you studying? Do you want to do a qualitative or quantitative study? What kind of resources will you have access to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->