endometriosis or cervical erosion?

Melissa93

Reaction score
hi I've been referred to gyno as doctor suspects I could have endometriosis I've also found out i have some erosion on my cervix, just wondering what others people's experiences with this has been and if anything what was done about it, haven't really been told anything x

Hi Hun, I've got no personal experience of it but one of my best friends has just been diagnosed with endometriosis so I did a search of this site and it bought up some blogs and long threads from other users who have it and gave me a lot of helpful info. Might be worth a look.

ok great thanks cos only spoken to 2 people who have had it and they both ended up getting hysterectomy so wanted to find out other people's experiences

My SD was diagnosed with endometriosis... I don't have any input on the cervical erosion (sorry)-- but for my SD, she was put on the birth control pill to help control the pains, as it it triggered a great deal by hormones, so the pill can help control the pains. It's honestly really hard to diagnose without surgery- so doctors have to just kinda poke around, ask questions and with my SD, they tried the pill to see if that helped (which it did) so that pretty much told them what they needed to know. It sucks as she is only just turned 16-- and dealing with horrible periods as well. Ugh.

Hopefully you get some answers-- I like to use Web MD for most of my google stuff, as they are answers by doctors or specalists so better source than most. And too much google search can be scary with any symptom!

I found this on the site for endo: https://women.webmd.com/endometriosis/default.htm

Couldn't find much on erosion- best of luck you get some answers soon hun!

Thanks, yeah I've always had bad periods u get really bad stomach and leg cramps sometimes I shake and one time it made me sick, came on in a lesson once when i was at school and really quickly ended up with stomach cramps and felt like was going to be sick the school just thought I was ill as i went really pale as well so they sent me home, just now i get random very sharp pains in my stomach they are really painful and ended up in a & e the other week it was that bad and its hard when I have 17 month old to look after on my own and I'm also waiting to find out if I need an operation on my kidney as have had pains and problems with that all my life, ive been on pill for almost a year and still get pains but see what they say I guess x

Sorry- hope you have some answers soon. Best of luck! :hugs:

I have a cervical erosion and been told that it will go with lazer treatment I'm currently waiting for that treatment, I'm not sure about the other one Hun but good luck hope you get everything sorted xx

I have endo and possibly adenomyosis which is endo in the wall of uterus. I am currently on zoladex for endo which puts u into a fake menopause, I'm havin 6 months treatment then TTC. It shud shrink the deposits. However there r different ways endo comes about I.e. retrograde menstruation, while ur developing as a fetus, or ur childbirth, it depends on which theory fits urs as to where it may affect n how bad. Mine fits the fetus one which explains the two types, I don't have periods due to pill n not had a baby. It explains why mine is minimal after so many years n they found it in same place on both surgeries. Where mine is shudnt cause probe conceiving but adeno can cause probs carryin to term.
Retrograde usually causes it around cervix n ovaries n tubes but u shud be painfree for a long time after surgery with a slow return but can be bad, to the point of very long surgery to sort.

Always remember that endo can cause infertility but most ppl don't even no they have it. Most ppl get pg eventually. Keep up hope, Iv suffered for as many years as I can remember, wud even explain tummy pains as a child. Yes the pain is Terrible but there is hope. If they aren't sure if its endo n u don't want surgery zoladex is great. It means u can't have kids until off it but iv finally been pain free since May!!

ok thanks, I've got an 18 Month old atm but did read about a lot of people who have it have fertility problems, I had to move my appointment from 8th July for couple weeks as they wouldn't have been able to examine me but soon be seeing the gynaecologist so hopefully start getting some answers, hope you stay pain free and good luck when you start trying x

Hope ur appointment goes ok, a lot of ppl I no with endo got it after childbirth which prob means havin the baby was the cause therefore one treatment shud be all it needs where as mine is unlikely to go as those cells believe that is their job. I hope u get the answers u need

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->