Endometriosis?

Momtastic101

Reaction score
Are there any ladies here trying to conceive with endometriosis. Or have been able to conceive with endometriosis?

Are there any ladies here trying to conceive with endometriosis. Or have been able to conceive with endometriosis?

Hey momtastic! Yup sure do! I'm TTC#1 at the moment, but two of my cousins who have endo have conceived. One did naturally and the other did with IVF. Between the two of them, they now have three happy, healthy kiddos. So I'm holding out hope. Not loving the return of my mega-monster cramps when AF comes to town though

Hi Momtastic! Although it has not been officially diagnosed, I *believe* endometriosis is the reason for our infertility. We have been trying for over a year now with no luck, and I will be going back to my RE to schedule a lap in the fall. I have been feeling particularly discouraged lately and would love to hear some success stories!

Hey momtastic! Yup sure do! I'm TTC#1 at the moment, but two of my cousins who have endo have conceived. One did naturally and the other did with IVF. Between the two of them, they now have three happy, healthy kiddos. So I'm holding out hope. Not loving the return of my mega-monster cramps when AF comes to town though

That's really good news that you're cousins were able to conceive, how long have you been trying to conceive?

Hi Momtastic! Although it has not been officially diagnosed, I *believe* endometriosis is the reason for our infertility. We have been trying for over a year now with no luck, and I will be going back to my RE to schedule a lap in the fall. I have been feeling particularly discouraged lately and would love to hear some success stories!

I haven't been officially diagnosed either but I suspect I may have endometriosis, I'm still trying to find a gynecologist who will take me seriously enough to do a laproroscopy. We've been trying nearly a year now :sad1: I would love to hear some success stories too, I'm really in need of motivation

I am in the same boat. My RE has been putting off doing a laparoscopy for a while now, especially because we have only been trying for a year. I don't even necessarily want it to help with fertility, but just to get rid of the pain (and confirm that it is in fact endo)! I feel like if we weren't ttc, it would have been something we already would have tried (I, along with my family doctor, have been trying to figure out the source of my pain for years), but now I think that my RE thinks we are just getting anxious for a baby and is completely ignoring my years of chronic and undiagnosed pain. It is very frustrating feeling like you aren't being taken seriously!

Ok I'm 20 turning 21 next month, and I was on BCP but I've been off for several months now. Since coming off I've been regular, 22 days like clockwork. Last period was on March 24, 2016 and lasted 4 days. My SO and I had sex and he did evacuate inside me on CD13 and sex a few times after that and before. Well, last week Monday, April 4, I threw up didn't feel nauseous or anything just randomly threw up. My period was due on April 6th and now I'm 5 days late. The only thing I've noticed is I've been extremely tired but it's been so hard for me to fall asleep! And also on and off since last week there have been some cramping but not nearly as bad as when AF is due (I have endometriosis/cramps are always horrible). My nipples hurt on and off too as well as going to the bathroom more frequently, but not just to pee. TMI warning: I usually only have about 3-4 bowel movements a week now it's more like 3+ a day! I talked to my friend who is a mom and she said I very well could be. My question is do you think I could be pregnant? Or is it even possible to conceive that close to my period? And if you think I could be pregnant when should I test?

Jess, if you are 5 days late you can certainly test, but you might get more replies if you made your own thread.

jwilly and momtastic: I totally empathize with what you're going through. I dealt with skeptical doctors for years and years before someone finally took me seriously. I think my family history pushed it over the edge but I can't tell you how infuriating it was to constantly have to try and convince people about how much pain you were in only to be met with blank stares like they thought I was some kind of wuss exaggerating things. Meanwhile I was calling out of work at least once a month due to the uncontrollable cramps that would leave me plastered on the bathroom floor, vomiting and in agony. It's. The. WORST.

I've only been trying for a few months now. My cousin that conceived naturally wasn't even trying actually, which is super surprising given that she has both endometrosis and Crohn's and the two play off each other leaving her in the hospital for weeks at a time. She had to go into forced menopause at least twice to treat her endo, so the fact that she conceived naturally is definitely encouraging. My other cousin who used IVF had endo so bad that it had spread all the way to her intestines. It was a miracle she didn't have to have a hysterectomy. She did IVF two different times for her two kids. After having her first child, she did get pregnant naturally but miscarried pretty early.

So we shouldn't give up hope! We may just have to work a little harder to get there.

Jess--You definitely should take a test.

I have endometriosis. Was diagnosed through a laproscopy in 2009. We had been trying unsuccessfully to conceive for 7 years so I had the lap done. They found quite severe endo and found my left ovary was stuck to the side of my womb so had to put it back where it should be. They also said I had pcos! I got pregnant with dd1 6 months later in 2010, then got pregnant with dd2 in 2012 and then had a surprise pregnancy last year that sadly ended in mc

Etisgonnab this explains exactly how I feel. I am not one to play the "poor me" card, especially at the doctors, but even when I do try and explain the extent of my pain I am met with a blank stare or a nod. I feel like saying THANKS but that is not helping. I dont feel like i should have to justify or defend the amount of pain I am in in order to get help. It is very encouraging hearing about your cousins though!Thank you!

Dinky, so great to hear your story! Congratulations on your little one and so sorry for your loss.

Etisgonnab this explains exactly how I feel. I am not one to play the "poor me" card, especially at the doctors, but even when I do try and explain the extent of my pain I am met with a blank stare or a nod. I feel like saying THANKS but that is not helping. I dont feel like i should have to justify or defend the amount of pain I am in in order to get help. It is very encouraging hearing about your cousins though!Thank you!

Dinky, so great to hear your story! Congratulations on your little one and so sorry for your loss.

jwilly--out of curiosity do you see a male or female physician? In my own experience, the men were the ones who just didn't seem to get it. It felt kinda sexist tbh, like they thought I was just some "hysterical woman" or something. When I had women doctors, they took me seriously and helped. Also tramadol really helps me with the cramps if you can get someone to prescribe it. They made it a controlled substance in the states not that long ago, so it might be more difficult to get a new rx for it. But for me, it's the only thing that I can keep down if I catch the cramps early enough while also being strong enough to provide pain relief. Warm baths can help too, particularly if you're lucky enough to have a jacuzzi tub. I had one of those in an apartment I rented a long time ago and it was a godsend. I miss that jacuzzi tub every month lol

Dinky thanks for sharing and giving us hope!

It is a woman, but she is older and not very empathetic. I had read that about her online before meeting her, but wasn't worried about it at the time because I am not exactly a very warm "feelings-y" kind of person either. I find that when it comes to dealing with infertility though, you definitely need someone with some empathy. Thanks, I will look in to tramadol. Warm baths are the BEST! My only request for our next house is a bigger better tub!:laugh2:

For real if you're going to specialize in infertility, you should have the capacity for empathy! I'm irritated for you!

I'm currently one day out from AF and am pretty confident that she's gonna show, which is discouraging. We're going to try through the summer and if still nothing but BFNs go in for testing. At this point I'm not even sure I'm ovulating, let alone anything else. Ugh this process can be so frustrating can't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->