endometriosis?

Carolina

Reaction score
Hi!

Ive posted a couple of times here...thinking im pregnant when im not lol! Anyways i was hoping to start ttc in 6 months or so but im a bit freaked out!

I went to the GP last week and was telling her that the last year or so my periods have become really heavy, with liver like clots sometimes but verey month having a lot of jelly like clots. I have always suffered pain with them but now its getting to the point where im getting nausea and migranes for a couple of days! (I have also always experienced bowel problems during my period).

I didnt think much about it until i remembered that being on the pill (im on Yasmin) is meant to reduce pain and heaviness, this was the original reason i went on the pill.

Anyways the doctor said i could have endometriosis and im getting a smear and internal done in sept. I really should have had a smear done before now (just turned 25) but i was scared they would say there was something wrong with me (fertility wise).

Now im really worried becasue my mum had some still births and all my second aunts had hysterectomys in their 30s. Plus I have arthritis and have been tested for lupus as I have symptoms of it but im jus being monitored for it coz the tests didnt come back positive but they think something is going on with me because im always tired and sick.

Has anyone here been diagnosed with endometriosis?
Do u guys think im worrying too soon?

Sorry for the rant but ive always wanted children more than anything and im really worried now!! :wacko:

Iv been tested for it hun, try not to worry about it though as endometriosis isnt an infertility sentence.

its not ideal but certainly doesnt mean you will never conceive.don't lose sight of the horrible truth that some women for whatever reason just get heavy periods.

i'm afraid the actual testing for endometriosis will need more than a smear and an internal so i'd expect some futher investigations.

regardless of the outcome, best of luck in ttc, and remember, your journey ttc hasn't even started and you're having tests like this...most people have to wait a year or more, at least you'll have all the information there when you do start, rather than potentially months of bfn's and heartache.

lots of love and babydust

xxxxx

Hiya, well i was about to undergo all the tests but i was already pregnant, but at 13 weeks i had a bleed when i went to hospital the doctor told me i had endometriosis and this is what had caused my bleed, she told me it would not complecate my pregnancy in anyway, in fact bein pregnant can help the condition, only thing is it can take a little longer to get pregnant. Which it did with me!

Good luck hun!
x

thanks steph,
yeah thats true it is lucky to find these things out beforehand! Yeah the dr said shell see how the exam goes and i may have to see the gynae and then maybe a laporoscapy.
ive bought what to expect when your expecting book as i want to swot up on as much as possible about preconception and conception.
i though maybe it was the reaction to the pill im on because the severity and clots etc started when i changed to yasmin from a different pill but the doctor doesnt think so.

did you have a laporoscapy, did they find anything?

thanks for the words of encouragement!

thanks sophie congrats on the pregnancy! thats eased my mind a bit i was worried about whether it would cause complications!

Heres a site ive founnd, it seems ti have lots of info about it :D https://www.endometriosis.org.uk/

Hi Carolina,

I had a D&C, a hysteroscopy and a coil fitted at the same time,(oops i hit post by accident here)

and nope they didn't find anything

but i still suffer from heavy irregular bleeding, and its just unexplainable apparently
:(

im sure its a releif for u stef that they didnt find anything! Painful heavy periods are such a pain in the arse...the punishment for being a woman :haha:

im getting a smear and an internal done in september and i will wait and see! not looking forward to it ive never had one!

does anyone kniw how long it takes to get the results back from a smear test in the uk?

cool thanks the waiting will probably seem like ages lol!

I had mine done only for them to say there wasnt enough cells. Grrr

Still havent been back lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"