engorged boobs with pins and needles

pcsoph2890

Reaction score
So my boobs engorged so having an early pumping session to relieve them. So far having a good session...

Also quick question after my daughter bf from me my boobs get all pins and needly.... is this'll let down and should I get her to continue feeding at this point as trying to keep her feeds to approx 15 mins (active feeding that is) otherwise she she falls asleep on me and I can be sat there for 40 mins per boob!!!

The pins and needles is your milk filling back up. Be careful about restricting your feeds as lo needs to empty the breast to get the fatty hindmilk.

I'm not restricting but making sure she is actually feeding and not just laying there for minutes on end with my boob in her mouth and when she delatches still being hungry, so trying to get her to feed more efficiently I should say!!

Every women's letdown is different. Mine is quite painful where it feels like my boob is contracting then I get the pins and needles. Some women get a burning sensation, some don't get anything.

To me it does sound like your letdown :) My LO would never be off my boob if I didn't break the latch when he is finished feeding... he just likes to suckle x

Sounds like your let down to me, mines a burning, pins and needle sensation. I always get my DS to take the let down, then again mine comes pretty quick into the feed. I was told to massage while he's feeding to mix up the milk so he gets the good fatty milk in there too :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->