Engorgement due to reduced feeds..

AK89

Reaction score
My LO seems to have decided to simultaneously cut back on evening cluster feeds AND night time feeds, which I definitely ain't complaining about, but it's led to my boobs feeling very full and leaking a lot last night / yesterday evening! They don't feel particularly sore, they just feel full to the brim with milk, and when I pulled my bra down to put some cream on my nipples last night one of them started leaking like a tap!*

Should I pump some out so they're not full? Or do I just let my body adjust to the reduction in the supply? Like I said it's not painful / uncomfortable really, I'm just very conscious of it!

Hi, I have hyperlactation so always have full leaky breasts it's a pain in the but to say the least. We are 15 weeks in and I still have to constantly wear breastpads!
Definitely don't pump, as that will signal your body that it needs to produce more not less! When your breasts are very full it signals your body to slow down.production X

That happened to me too. Just let ur body adjust, don't pump. Once I woke up in the middle of the night with wet sheets, I went to the bathroom and squeezed some out into the sink (lol) just to make it a little more comfortable

Pump it if you want to build that freezer stash you mentioned. Otherwise just leave them be and they will adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->