Enough to get me started?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Weve decieded that we are going to switch from disposables to cloth but still have about 5 weeks worth of disposable nappies to go through which will give me time to get some cloth ones together. We dont really want to spend a fortune on a load of nappies straight away so was really gonna just start with ebay cheapies to get us going and add with other makes as we go on.

This is a list of what I was goin to order within the next 2 or 3 weeks. Could you please tell me whether this will be enough to get started and whether I need to add anything.

10 pocket ebay cheapies from 97kGallery
5 cotton fitted reusable washable nappies in small
2 or 3 nappy cover for the cotton fitted
10 bamboo boosters
some liners
a wet bag
and a bucket

Would I need any more inserts as each nappy only comes with 1.
Thanks in advance.

That sounds a good starting out set to me :) If you can afford it though I would def try a bumgenius, preloved you would get one a bit cheaper. They are really really good nappies :)

I'd get at least double the amount of inserts for your pocket nappies, as it's the inserts which take the drying time, while the pockets themselves turn round very quickly.

I also wondered why you want cotton shaped nappies, and not either bamboo ones (for softness and slimness) or MF ones (for quick drying) not many people go for cotton these days, as it's less absorbent that bamboo, no more absorbent than MF, and goes hard after regular washing.

That seems good to me.
thats how i started with ALOT of 97k Gallery
they are great starters.
And in no time you will get addicted and have no then enough.

Thanks, there wasn't really a reason why I choose cotton, tbh I wasn't really all that sure on what materials was the best, still finding it all quite confusing but I will definitely have a look at the bamboo and mf ones, thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->