epilepsy

Damita

Mummy of 2 <3
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for advice or support, my son is 14 weeks old and has been having fits since last Tuesday 8 in total, saw the doctor yesterday and we have been referred for testing.

I think it's epilepsy as they aren't temp related, they are generalised fits.

Anyone else's baby have this? Thanks

:hugs: Thomas has suspected epilepsy, absence seizures though. I'm sure there is someone here who can help xx

My 3 year old has complex partial epilepsy, mostly controlled with seizure meds (oxcarbazepine). Hers are not grand mal generalized though. I hope you get answers fast:hugs:

My daughter randomly started having seizures in July at 5 months old. They monitored her in the hospital for several days, but did not find a cause. She only had 4 in total. Once they got her on medicine (phenobarbital) and it kicked in she hasn't had anymore thankfully. I hope they figure out what is causing your son's and are able to treat them. Watching my daughter have her seizures was the scariest thing I've ever gone through.

:hugs: my son has epilepsy too. The journey is a scary one but if the right medicines can be found it can be controlled. There's is an amazing group on FB epilepsy in babies toddlers and children....very supportive and always somebody who has a similar situation x

My ds1 had what looked to be tonic posturing type seizures since (at least) two weeks old.
It looked painful at times. He was taken to some of the worlds best doctors. E never did get a Dx, at the time, bc even tho he had them often, they could never catch it on EEG. He stayed inpatient for several weeks, tons of testing, ct scans, MRI etc. nothing showed. He got discharged a little after he turned one.

Then this past spring (he was 3.5 years old), he got injuried at the playground and sustained a concussion. Immediately after he cr back from being knocked unconscious, he began having many many absent seizures and atonic seizures.
A month later he had EEG done. He was confirmed an epileptic and has abnormal brainwaves as well as drop seizures.

We have meds in case he gets a seizure that lasts more than three minutes. Other than that he is not yet on anything. He does get absent seizures from time to time. Thankfully hasn't had any drop seizures for quite some time. Those are the scariest, IMO, as he will go limp like a rag doll and just fall to the ground. As if his body loses tone for several seconds. He only has petite mals, never grand mals, thankfully. The neurologist told us he is at a much greater risk for developing them later in life but at this point he could outgrow it.

He is labeled as childhood epilepsy, for now. But I have a feeling he won't outgrow it since they started at such a young age. Plus the abnormal brainwaves, which run in my family.

His fall and concussion was a blessing in disguise of sorts. Because it confirmed our suspicions from early on and now we know. I am happy to report however that he is a very bright and happy child. He is healthy otherwise and developing normally. He has not had any episodes for about six months. :)

:hugs: we are still waiting for an appointment but they seem temp related..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->