episiotomy not come together

NickyKB

Reaction score
I'm 3 weeks pp my episiotomy was sutured but even at 1St mw checkup they said the edges hadn't come together and it looked a bit infected. I've taken antibiotics and I've just been back to gp the infection is gone but it's still open. Gp spoke to gynae at the hospital and they've said leave it another 3 weeks if it's not healed then they'll restitch it. Just wondering if anyone else has had this did it heal by itself? If it needed restitching did it heal ok? Were you awake for it?

At 3weeks mine were still open, by 5weeks ppm they had healed. I got antibiotics at 14days ppm, Epsom salt baths everynight, witch hazel on pads and arnica tablets. I had stiches across butt cheek these suckers took 7weeks to heal.
Soak a pantyliner in witch hazel freeze it, put it on the pad. It's magic soothing and healing!!!
Give it a go and take it easy!!!

I tore naturally, it was 3rd degree, about 4" long (went up my butt cheek) and I had a lot of stitches. I just had my 6 week checkup today and my tear is still open about 1/4". I go back in one month (so I'll be 10 weeks) to have it checked. If it's not closed I'll have to have it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->