epu and midwife?

Mummy2Asher

mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
Hey,
ive read lots of posts and see ladies going to the epu and having scans etc im 7+3 and i cant get a appointment to see a midwife for another 5 weeks!!! ive tried calling sooo much but im getting nowhere :(
i really dont want to wait that long when im already having problems in this pregnancy and after the 1st MC i feel i need to talk to a midwife for advice and reasurrance.
anyone have any advice on what i can do?
thankyou
xxx

After my loss the only reason i got an early scan was becaus ei bled again. I was told that reasurance isnt a midical reason. However your epu and midwife may be nicer (i hope so). Didnt see midwife till 10 weeks. I got the doctor to refer me when i bled. You coiuld try going through doctor or just phone straight to epu

I agree, just go back to your doctor and voice your concerns. EPU are really busy so I don't think they'd see you if there wasn't a problem unfortunately :( You could always go for private scan?

It's awful that some areas seem to offer much better care than others. If you can't wait I would go for a private scan if possible. Like the others said, try your GP first. Good luck. :hugs:

Ditto, I phoned EPU when I was about 6 weeks and they said they wouldnt see me for reassurance :(
made an appt at the GP surgery and cried like a fool for about 30 mins, he referred me for a scan, as I think he thought my mental health was at stake! so maybe ask your doctor? given the history?

At my EPU they are very busy, however if you have had a previous miscarriage they tell you that, next time, just call them when you get a bfp and they will book an 8 week scan.

Its a shame there a different rules. :( But I do understand

I have had two scans but only due to bleeding. One after the bleeding and one follow up. I was told the same, no scans for reassurance. :hugs:

Sorry to join the chorus, some ladies are very lucky and their pct's offer lots of post-miscarriage support. I saw my dr who referred me to my midwife who said no, I cried, she callled the epu, they still said no.
I went to our local fertility clinic for a 6 weeks scan - worth every penny as had had a mmc at 12 weeks, baby died at 6, so seeing a heartbeat was like the advert says priceless.
However - why can't you see a midwife??? Go see your dr or if there is an antenatal clinic at your surgery just book yourself in.
Sorry lovely, I know how distressing it is.:hugs:

As others have said I would definately try speaking to your gp - I had pain in my side and a miscarriage last month, and after speaking to my doctor she called the EPU and got me an early scan. It does totally depend on the EPU's policy etc, but I can totally understand why you want an early scan. As for the midwife, can your doctor not book you in to see her? The booking appointment is generally about 10ish weeks, and they make the appointment for the 12 week scan so how are you going to get that if you don't see your midwife until then? I hope you manage to get somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->