Ergo and similar baby carriers

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
I currently use a Close Baby carrier, but it's defo taking its toll on my back, neck and shoulders now. I am only little, and LO is a chunky boy (almost 16lbs at 4 months old). My OH uses a Baby Bjorn carrier, but it's the original sort rather than the sort with any lumbar support.

We are big outdoorsy people so once LO is old enough we hope to get a baby-backpack for him. I think my OH will be doing most of the carrying then. In the meantime, I would like to find a carrier or sling that bridges the gap between my Close Baby and the proper baby-backpack. A friend of a friend goes hiking for many hours and really recommends the Ergo carrier. Does anybody have any experience of these? What are your opinions?

And what other carriers are available that would fit the bill I wonder?

Thanks for all your suggestions xx

The Ergo is similar to a maitei with clips instead of ties; another brand is a connecta. If I was going to buy one I'd go for the connecta as the straps cross at the back & I think it spreads weight a bit better.

Unfortunately I can't justify it as I have a fab tie-strap maitei already

I do really recommend wraps. For me the best is Atifa wrap and Moby.
Everywhere where we go Atifa is with us and our LO is always calm and happy. I do not feel his weight (he is nearly 1year old).

I am looking at getting a connecta, but Noah loves the moby.

I found that style of carrier far more uncomfy than my meitai, i had a beco butterfly, others to look at are angelpack, sleepy nico, connecta

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->