Essentials to register for? Completely lost! D:

theamanda

NTNP
Reaction score
I need to do my registery for the baby shower this week (shower isnt until june 22nd), but I have no Idea where to start!! Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm registering at Target, and I know I need diaper stuff, feeding stuff, BASIC stuff, just don't want to go on wishing I would've registered for "insert Item here".. I don't want to sound greedy, I'd be thankful for anything. :) I just know that these gifts will really help. :) thanks in advance ladies!!

I didnt know either and no one even used the list when they shopped for the shower...i put everything on there as i went through the aisles...as far as clothing to furniture to lotions and washes and little odds and ins..the way i see it people are going to get what they think you'll want or need. Especially parents...they usually get things that were useful when they went through it or something special like a blanket or stuffed animal..THANFULLY no one got my daughter a stuffed animal..she doesnt need one while shes a baby! I got mostly used baby furniture, diapers, wipes, clothes, bottles (even though i told everyone im going to breastfeed and to please not buy bottles) and blankets (the real heavy thick ones even though i specifically put on my registry that i wanted recieving blankets and/or swaddlers) No one ever pays attention to those so i just went crazy and put EVERYTHING on there. Plus at target they send you $10 gift cards for doing a registry (they sent me 2 for some reason) and then after a couple months they send you a 10% off card for all the stuff on your registry that didnt get bought.

Oh wow lol... In that case , ill just wing it. :) Thanks for the response Optimistic1! :hugs: At least I have an Idea on what to expect now. :haha:

I put everything you could possibly need for a baby on my registry, including all the big items e.g. crib, travel system, video monitor etc and was lucky to receive almost every single thing on my registry and enough money/gift cards to buy the remaining things. We also got a TON of baby clothes which always happens when you're expecting a girl.
Even if people don't use it the registry is a great way of making yourself a shopping list of things you'll need plus you'll get a discount on whatever's left on there after your shower so I say don't worry about looking greedy, just put whatever you need/want on it.

Definitely put the essentials on the registry and things you need or want. I made sure to add things like diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointments, and soaps because I know I will need tons of those. I also put things that I knew I would buy myself if I didn't get them. I am finding that people do not want to buy from my registry (which is fine). They keep texting me and asking what I need or want that's not on the registry, lol. I didn't go crazy with mine, but I don't need anything else that's not on there!

I did some registry in store and then online for things I forgot. That dept can get tiring and intimidating!

You may want to start your registry online b/c there is a tab called "add items" and they basically walk you through what basic items you need. Of course they want to see more product so you don't to get everything but it'll at least give you an idea of where to start. Good luck and have fun!

I found this blog helpful in deciding what to register for:

https://www.lucieslist.com/

We had two showers for our baby. We found that most people liked to buy lots of small and inexpensive items, rather than one big expensive item. The exception to that was very close family members. We also got tons and tons of clothes, and we didn't even have any clothes on our registry.

I love the previous comment about using the registry as a shopping list. Any time my husband and I are wondering what we still need, we go back to the registry to look.

Don't waste your time registering for clothes, most people will just pick out what they think is cute. We registered for everything that we thought we'd need or want. I was extremely surprised at the gifts that we received. A ton of things were more expensive and those were purchased for us. We also got the specific baby wash/soaps (Bert's bees) I'd register for items in numerous price ranges too.

Thanks ladies! :) I started online, and got a good idea of stuff to register...:D And apparently target has a thing going on where if you register online, you will get a 10$ gift card, a gift set, and a book of coupons! Im so stoked, they are so generous! :)

Thanks ladies! :) I started online, and got a good idea of stuff to register...:D And apparently target has a thing going on where if you register online, you will get a 10$ gift card, a gift set, and a book of coupons! Im so stoked, they are so generous! :)

From Target, you also get a 10% off registry completion coupon a few weeks before your due date (I got one at 32 wks). You can get a 15% off registry completion coupon from babysrus.

Be sure to stop in store too because they will give you a bag of goodies for registering.

I was going to say what jtj said, do not register for clothes. I did unfortunately and got what I registered for plus a ton more so I would exclude those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->