Euan Michael Irwin born 18th Feb 2009

goddess25

Reaction score
Ok so this birth story has taken about 5 months for me to post. Better late than never as they say. I just wanted to post it as my birth was the most fantastic experience, almost exactly as I wanted. Women are such strong creatures and its amazing that your body just does as it needs too.

The birth was awesome..labour lasted approx 12 hours, went into labour about 6pm, went to safeway shopping went for an indian takeaway although was pacing up and down the restaurant convinced that now i was in labour. Came home and phoned our midwife who came to the house and told me i was 5cm dilated and at the moment did i want to go to the hospital or did i want to stay at home longer, i chose to stay at home, a few hours later contractions pretty close together my husband told me we were going to the hospital, so he bundled me in the car and off we went. Got to the hospital and was 9.5cm dilated after about 25 mins started to push. Pushed for about 2 hours and then they realised he was stuck and they needed help, in comes the pediatrician and obstetrician and a bunch of nurses i was prepped for theatre and whisked away. They were not sure if they were going to be able to use forceps or do a c-section as i had no pain killers on board they had to give me a spinal so they could do a proper evaluation, anyway they got him out with forceps, had lots of tearing so they spent alot of time stitching me up again. Apart from the little blip at the end it could not have went any better i wanted a natural birth which i almost got.

Even though I ended up in theatre getting baby out with forceps, and having a spinal at the very end to enable this the birth of my baby was mindblowing not enough positive words to describe the experience. Yes it was painful but not as much as i expected, i coped with it and it was great. Knowing that each contraction was bringing my baby closer to me, really was a rush.

SO try to be positive about it, i had imagine my labour as a complete horror story in my head and it was great.

I now have the loveliest baby boy on the planet, i love him dearly and the love i feel for him is nothing i have ever experienced its amazing and very scary at the same time.

COngratulations on your pregnancy and look forward to your labour with anticipation and excitement. Good Luck!

Aww, he was born the same day as Dylan. I agree completely, labour is not scary it is the most exciting experience and is so fulfilling. Dylan's birth didn't go as planned but I loved every minute of it up to the point where I had to have a c section.

Congrats on your little man!! :blue:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations to all you lovely ladies too. All the babes are gorgeous.

awww congratulations - I can see from your avatar, he is a little cutie. Glad you had such a positive experience :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->