Eurgh Flu :(

kell

Reaction score
I feel like I've been hit by a bus! Sore throat, bad chest, headache and my whole body feels heavy and achey. Just what i need when i am already feeling rubbish.

Any recommendations on remedies please? We have cold and flu capsules but obviously i can't take them.

Thank you in advance :flower:

I am currently suffering this flu at the moment too....its awful isn't it and children to entertain in the day just isn't happening!!
I went to chemist yesterday and asked her if there is anything I culd take though her face dropped when I told hr I was diabetic and pregnant :wacko:

I left with sugar free halls.....anyway I am just using vicks and halls for my throat and hoping it shifts soon!!!

Get well soon xx

I think paracetamol is fine. You could also make a hot drink with lemon juice and honey which might help a bit. It's rubbish being ill and pregnant. Get well soon.

Thanks ladies :) Katertots, I don't know if we get those over here, Im getting you are in the states? I've been taking paracetamol but they only just soothe my throat, the rest is just awful still.

Kellyrae, double whammy problem for you then! Are the halls helping your throat? I'll have to grab some when i go to the shop. And some vicks, that stuff is good i didn't think of that.

I have the same issue trying to entertain the little ones, I am so exhausted i just want to sleep but Thats never going to happen. My 3 year old started coming down with the bug also in the night so today is going to be fun :/ he's asleep at the moment, i should be too really but the cough has kept me up.

Hope you get well soon too xxx

I think paracetamol is fine. You could also make a hot drink with lemon juice and honey which might help a bit. It's rubbish being ill and pregnant. Get well soon.

Thanks hun. Sorry i think we posted at the same time lol. I will try the honey and lemon drink, it might soothe my throat. I had a hot mug of orange squash last night i was so desperate! lol Thank you x

Thanks ladies :) Katertots, I don't know if we get those over here, Im getting you are in the states? I've been taking paracetamol but they only just soothe my throat, the rest is just awful still.

Kellyrae, double whammy problem for you then! Are the halls helping your throat? I'll have to grab some when i go to the shop. And some vicks, that stuff is good i didn't think of that.

I have the same issue trying to entertain the little ones, I am so exhausted i just want to sleep but Thats never going to happen. My 3 year old started coming down with the bug also in the night so today is going to be fun :/ he's asleep at the moment, i should be too really but the cough has kept me up.

Hope you get well soon too xxx

Its the cough that is killing me at night..I don't know how the kiddies sleep through all my barking, seems to be none stop, which is making me sick too...just gross lol

Halls are helping sooth my throat and unblock my nose so worth a try...I am just putting vicks on some tissue when i'm struggling to breath when laid down at night....typical it being half term too!!! No nursery :cry:

You have lots to look after too!!! xx

Have you tried gargling with salt water? I was very sick weeks 2-6 and had to visit a doctor twice. I didn't know I was pregnant either so I got all kinds of shots and antibiotics. It worked and my baby is fine as far as I know. I hope you feel better soon. Don't let it linger too long or it could become worse!

Xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->