Evening Primose questions for mums to be, advice pls!

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
First -- SOO sorry to crash this section.... I'm still only TTC :(. But hopefully I'll join you eventually. Second, congrats to all you lovely ladies! I hope your pgs are going well. :)

I had some questions about evening primrose and posted in TTC, but I think I'd really really like the input of those that got their :bfp: on this issue!

I noticed several ladies taking evening primrose, so I wanted to ask a few ?s about it. I'm a little wary of taking herbal supplements (try to stick to vits and minerals). However, I don't usually produce lots of EWCM and I read that this could help with that.

Here's what I take: prenatal multi, folic acid, b-complex, calcium.

Here's what worries me about evening primrose: I read it can bring on uterine contractions and is actually an herbal remedy for the last few weeks of pg to naturally induce labor... yikes! I also read that if you take it while TTC, take it ONLY during the time between AF and ovulation.

Did any of you take it while TTC? Do you think it helped at all? Did you take it only while NOT in the 2WW?

Thanks, ladies! I REALLY appreciate your help!

I was taking evening primrose capsules to help with fibrocystic breast tissue. I was taking it when I got pregnant, but I have always had lots of EWCM, so I don't know if it made any difference at all.
I stopped taking it as soon as I found out I was pregnant because of the issues you stated above.
I would think it's worth a try. If you're charting, use it for a few months and see if you notice any changes to your cycle.
Best of luck!

Thanks, much! BTW, I assume your avatar is your baby -- how AMAZING! Brought a tear to my eye. Congrats! :hugs:

:wave: Hello :)

I didn't take any Evening Primrose, the month I got my bfp I'd increased my B vits (can't remember if it was B6 / 12 it was the one that's supposed to help increase your luteal phase though) - doesn't look like you need help with yours though.

If you're taking it to increase EWCM have you considered using PreSeed if you haven't already tried it? I haven't used it but when I was ttc there were lots of good things said about it.

Your charts look lovely - it's a shame they keep going down at the end! Hope you get your bfp really soon. Tons of baby :dust: for you x

:dust: :dust: :dust:

eta. Just remembered - grapefruit juice might be worth a go, again, I didn't try it but it works for some people https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/41353-question-ewcm.html if you google grapefruit juice & ewcm you get loads of info x

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Thanks for the postive encouragement! Been trying for 6 months, but feels likes AGES! :roll:

I took it while TTC... I took once we started, and stopped when I got my BFP. No clue if it helped or not, because we were only trying that one month before we conceived (we got lucky!). I've just started taking it again to help make labor easier.

I took it while TTC... I took once we started, and stopped when I got my BFP. No clue if it helped or not, because we were only trying that one month before we conceived (we got lucky!). I've just started taking it again to help make labor easier.

Thank you! I'm glad to know there are ladies who took it and have full term, beautiful babies now. :)

You're baby pic is amazing, too! I soooo want one of those when I'm pg! Congrats!

I did take Evening Primrose oil as it helped clear up my skin (due to controlling my hormones) and trying to increase my EWCM but the month I got my BFP I hadn't really taken it much

Clears skin, too?? Wow.. I've fought with that a lot, too. Have prescriptions I am on for it, one that I will have to stop as soon as I get that :bfp:. This stuff is sounding better and better! :)

TL, I found this when reserching about grapefruit juice - mentions not to take evening primrose oil after O, like you thought xx

https://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/producing-more-fertile-cervical-mucus/

Hi there,

I took evening primrose oil from AF to ovulation in the month I conceived. I stopped taking it during the 2ww as I had also heard it can be bad news for baby. I obviously can't say for def that it worked, especially as I was also doing several other things to help conception that month (see below), but it certainly didn't hurt.

Other things I was doing were: Taking 1 sanatogen pronatal tablet and 1 baby dose aspirin every day (didn't take aspirin during 2ww), putting pillow under bum after bd'ing, making sure hubby was taking his sanatogen pronatal tablet everyday (they do a man's version high in zinc to help with healthy sperm production). I was also eating foods which I had read were good for promoting ewcm, but can't remember what they were...I think carrots was in there somewhere!

Lots of luck to you, hope you get your bfp soon!
Lxxx

Thank you, Lois! I think I've got the rest of that stuff pretty well covered (and have for a bit).. taking vits, OH taking vits and extra zinc, pillow under bum, eating well. That makes me feel better that you got your BFP while doing those things. I'm in the 2WW right now and def think I'm gonna get the E Prim next c if I get another BFN this month.

Thanks for your help! And congrats on the baby, hope all is progressing well for you. :)

i had huge success with EPO, along w/ Soy vitamins. I need to find exactly what I was taking, and when. I think it was 1600 mg of Soy vitamins on cycle days 3, 4, and 5. this was with my first pregnancy, it took me a year and a half to come out pregnant, and on the first month I tried the soy, I got pregnant. I need to get this info and post it later.... I don't exactly remember what it was I was taking.

i had huge success with EPO, along w/ Soy vitamins. I need to find exactly what I was taking, and when. I think it was 1600 mg of Soy vitamins on cycle days 3, 4, and 5. this was with my first pregnancy, it took me a year and a half to come out pregnant, and on the first month I tried the soy, I got pregnant. I need to get this info and post it later.... I don't exactly remember what it was I was taking.

wow! I would be very interested! TBH, I've never even heard of soy vits :blush:. I'd love to know what you were taking if you find it...

Thanks loads!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->