Evening Primrose Oil and Preseed

Honeyblonde

Reaction score
I'm 31, and I've noticed that my EWCM has pretty much been creamy, lotion like CM. I know it's still considered fertile, but I'm annoyed I don't get EGCM anymore.

I'm thinking of starting to take Evening Primrose oil (used to take it in the past, could be why my CM was so good!), and add preseed to the mix when we BD. I've heard Primrose oil can screw up your O date though (and not to take it after you O). So do I have to use OPKs? Or should I temp? Normally I just track my CM, and use that to decide when we should BD.

I had a miscarriage in February, so I'm not sure if my body is still off track, or what is going on.... :nope: I thought I would try the primrose oil and preseed, and see if those helped any before doing other measures. My BF and I have been pretty relaxed about it, but now I'm freaking myself out.

Hi! First of all, so sorry about you mc :(

I used EPO last cycle and it didn't help at all with my EWCM. I never get any, but sometimes I would get watery which is also fertile (from what I've read creamy CM is not fertile CM). I actually feel like the EPO dried me up. I tossed it and now this cycle I've gotten more watery CM than ever by drinking red raspberry leaf tea and grapefruit juice.

You can use OPK's if you want, but I do not trust those to predict ovulation. I trust temping as that is the only reliable way to know for sure if you did O.

Preseed is great for someone like me who gets very little fertile CM, just be careful with your dosage, you definitely don't need as much as the box suggests.

I use both EPO and Preseed. I usually don't get much if any EWCM on my own. I started with 1000mg of EPO/day during fertile week and it didn't do much. I upped it to 2-3000mg/day and have seen more. I echo the PP who said go easy with the Preseed at first. Use less and add more if needed. I do think the grapefruit juice helps too, but who knows for sure since I take it all together. Oh and it never has messed up by O date as far as I know.

I'm also currently drinking red raspberry leaf tea, and we just started preseed this morning. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Im using both preseed and 2000mg of epo for the first time this cycle....so far more wetter down there but havent ovulated yet so no ewcm yet (havent used preseed yet, AF literally finished)...how are you doing with it Honey blonde?

I take 500mg EPO 2x daily from cycle day one-O (I temp and test). I have had no change to my cycle since starting taking it. I have however had some months with amazing CM and some that aren't so amazing. Your body had to be in a good place regardless of what you are taking for you to produce. I would also like the note that I am also on Vitex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->