Evening Primrose Oil - Orally & Internally

Hollie West

Reaction score
Hi all,
Has anyone gave this a whirl?

I’ve bought a tub of 500mg tablets from Holland and Barrett today but I wanted to ask about how people done this?

I’m on my way to week 37, I would just like to hope bubs doesn’t go overdue so want to help my body as much as possible lol!!

Any info stories advice would be greatly appreciated x

Following this:)

I darent try it without hearing people doing it haha! Is it safe to pop it up there? I’m confused haha X

I have no idea I've never heard of anyone doing it :rofl:

I done it with dd1 and I was fully effaced and 2cm my waters went at 38 weeks.. with ds1 my cervix wasn’t dilated not effaced but induced for hypertension at 39 + weeks I hadn’t used it with him. coincidence I don’t think so I’m starting orally 33 weeks this time 500mg then at 36 weeks 1000mg internally before bed. Then I’ll up it to 2000mg at 38 weeks but I probably won’t need to as I swear by Epo ... it acts as a strong prostaglandin in high doses also get your oh to do a perineal massage too :)

I done it with dd1 and I was fully effaced and 2cm my waters went at 38 weeks.. with ds1 my cervix wasn’t dilated not effaced but induced for hypertension at 39 + weeks I hadn’t used it with him. coincidence I don’t think so I’m starting orally 33 weeks this time 500mg then at 36 weeks 1000mg internally before bed. Then I’ll up it to 2000mg at 38 weeks but I probably won’t need to as I swear by Epo ... it acts as a strong prostaglandin in high doses also get your oh to do a perineal massage too :)
This is making me want to try it!!

Let’s all do it together and keep this thread going so we can refer back haha!!
Least we not doing it alone then haha!

I really don't want to go sticking things up there though lol!

Haha never tired it but tried all the other things from 37 weeks with DS1 including red raspberry leaf tea and capsules and nothing worked.
I went 2 weeks over due.

I was reading about EPO and apparently it's good for getting ure body ready and helping to soften the cervix etc

If you efface and dilate your waters will buldge and thats what the midwife told me. So in theory epo helps alot not saying it will put you into labour but epo contains an omega-6 fatty acid, gamma-linolenic acid which makes everything super soft down there and a weight bearing baby on your cervix in the mix youll definitely help yourself along ... supossed to reduce tearing also ... youve got nothing to lose! The capsule dissolves quickly in your body heat you dont even feel it up there xx

Can someone reccomend the right tablets and dosage of the tablets? Never done this, and I wasnt feeling it, but I'm 37 weeks tomorrow I might just give it a go, what's the worst that could happen? :haha:

I think I'll give it a go too. And this may sound like a ridiculous question, but do you need to pop it as high up as you can get it? I've got no clue what I'm doing :rofl:

I swear I couldn’t feel anything at all and I had a good rummage lmfao :rofl:

OH is home from work for the weekend so sex is on the cards since he always says
‘Well you say it helps in late pregnancy’ he ain’t wrong hahaha

Maybe I could get him to pop some EPO up there, he will be more aware of his surroundings inside lmfao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->