Eventful day at diabetic appt. not good :(**restricted EDF**

Foxybabyhg3

Mamma to Skylar TTC #2
Reaction score
Flow to placenta showing signs of change. Being kept closer eye on to keep the flow checked, if gets worse I have to go in and be put on steroids. Goal is to get to 32 weeks. Good chance this baby will be here in about 6 weeks, also chance that things won't get worse but most likely wont get to 38w :cry:

Oh no. I hope things change for the better or dont get worse for you and your bubs. Sorry to hear. :hugs:

Are they not going to try for better control? My MFM started to see some subtle signs of GD related issues and had me try for better control. Since then it has gotten better. The endo put me on a continuous BG monitor to see where the spikes were happening. My numbers have been pretty much great since. I would ask about it.

I'm diabetic anyway. My control is good. This complication came as a surprise. When consultant did scan she took her time and is happy that bubs has grown 200g since last week and heart rate good & steady. Lots of movement, it's just the flow from placenta to baby not as good as she'd like. She said if it stops completely, that's when they'll admit me and put me on steroids to give bubs a boost and try and get to 32 weeks. I'm frantically searching the net to see if there's anything physical I can do to keep the flow

I'm diabetic anyway. My control is good. This complication came as a surprise. When consultant did scan she took her time and is happy that bubs has grown 200g since last week and heart rate good & steady. Lots of movement, it's just the flow from placenta to baby not as good as she'd like. She said if it stops completely, that's when they'll admit me and put me on steroids to give bubs a boost and try and get to 32 weeks. I'm frantically searching the net to see if there's anything physical I can do to keep the flow

Are you on baby aspirin?

Oh hun, I'm sorry to hear this! I'm crossing my fingers everything stays okay or that there are things you can do to help keep the flow going well. xo

Thanks ladies. Next check up is Monday so I'll update then and see what else I can do. It's still all sinking in

Right. I've researched all the info from my scan notes and I'm measuring in the 34th percentile. The EDF is present but restricted. So as long as it doesn't stop and develop IUGR I'm trying to remain positive

Sending positive vibes and thinking fat baby thoughts for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->