Everybody watching?

WTTMommy

Mama to Rach
Reaction score
So I just watched my daily dose of A Baby Story on TLC, and the lady just gave birth to a beautiful girl. It was a natural water birth.

She also had like 8-10 people in the room watching. From friends, to siblings, to her OH, to the godfather. Obviously she was in a bath tub so she wasn't clothed at all. (I was thinking dang, maybe it's just me, but I'd at least cover up my breasts :rofl:)

I don't think I'd be comfortable with having that many people watch me give birth. Probably just my hubby and very few medical personnel. Even with my hubby, I'd have some reservations on how much he'd be allowed to see... it's just a very personal and sensitive situation I think... :blush: maybe I'll get over it when I'm pregnant..?

Who would you want to be there during birth?

I know i'll be whipping off my clothes as soon as im in there - clothes only get in the way! But defo no big audiences ta v much - me, my man and my best bud the midwife! x

Id have my OH, my mam, the midwife obv lol and maybe a few nosy close friends

I would feel embarrased to get my boobs out as they are pratically non exsistant :rofl: :rofl But im not so bothered about many people watching as i had about 8 people in the deliverey room with me when i was giving birth to my angel...and they were all doctors/neo-natal doctors/midwifes etc! The only person i knew was my mam!

xxx

until the gory bits,
HUBBY
step mum
dad
step dad
his parents

m8 cheryl
m8 nikki
m8 ozzy.... weiird to want a male m8 in there but he'd keep oh calm and me laughin!!

once im down to nitty gritty
oh,
midwives etc
my friend nikki whose got 2 lil bubs and cheryl who has 1, want parents out, my parents will just want to stop me being in pain and his parents will do me head in

i had my OH,my mum, my sister and my friend at the hospital and also my brothers at home....but next time i want it just me and OH

Oh god I would want the least amount of people as possible!! When I give birth my OH wont be allowed to watch either, he needs to stay near my head so I can try and strangle him and blame him for making me pregnant ^-^

I feel like he wont find me as attractive if he watches it full on...

But defiantly no more people than necessary!

With Kathryn it was just me and my DH the whole (plus the nurses, etc.) and then I had a c-section so I was really out of it and didn't care about all the people in the operating room. My mom was really disappointed when she asked to be there for the birth and I said no, but I just didn't want anyone else in my space. I told her she could be there for the next one, but because I had a c-section I'll be having another one because of scar tissue, and since only one person can be in the operating room it will be my DH.

I think having a baby is something so special that OH and I want to experience and share together, So I would be quite happy with it being just me, him and the midwives etc.
I think I'll say to family, visit me after baba has been born, or else I reckon things'll end up geting hecktic and I'll probably get stressed out with my massive family around. (And his!)

xxxx

While I'm sitting in the hospital in labour then I don't care who the heck is in there. When they check me, I'll make everyone but OH leave and maybe my mom. And when I go into actually having the baby (is that called active labor or something?) I only want OH and only the NECESSARY doctors. I do not want anybody and everybody seeing me in that situation.

For the actual birth I want the OH, Mum and my sisters I think. But afterwards OH's parents and everyone else lol

As few people as possible. In an ideal situation, just me my OH and a midwife.

I watched a show recently where a young girl had a homebirth and she had the pool in the middle of their living room and it seemed as though her entire extended family were sitting around on sofas and chairs watching! I think she found it helpful, and they loved it...but it's not for me! Everyone's different i guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->