Everyday or every other day?

arlosmama

Reaction score
So yesterday was day 10 of my cycle and my FS said to start trying around that day and to try every other day...but would trying every day REALLY hurt my chances? I still have no EWCM or no +ve OPKs but I figure, what the hell...I should act like I do...but am just not sure how often...

Ive been wondering this! We always do it every day anyway ever since we have been together, we both have high sex drives and its just natural for us, obviously now and again we dont because were tired etc b ut generally we do it every day, i am wondering do we do it too much? My gp says you cant do it too much!! But what does everyone else think, so many people that get pregnant say, its a miracle as they only had sex like 4 times that month????? We have tried to cut down but cant, it just happens!!!!

From what I've read, every other day is best as it gives the man a chance to keep his swimmers up!
Good luck! :)

This cycle we split the difference and did it every 36 hours, which worked really well from an enjoyment/minimise the stress point of view, but it does take a bit of organising assuming you are both working....

This might be a stupid question, but what are you comfortable with and what do you prefer?:flower:

We've been told every other day but that's cause DH's swimmers are really lazy & we have to give them time to regroup!!

I just kept trying different timing hoping one would work.
I've tried every 24, every 36, and every 48.

we usually DTD every other day until +OPK and then everyday for 36 hours and then go back to every other day. Every other day is fine though..it really depends on what you and your DH are comfortable with.

Thanks so much ladies...I am not sure how his sperm is....isn't it so fun to have to worry whether or not you're having too much sex with your husband? Gotta love TTC. It brings out the crazy in me!

Every other day is recommended most of the time....I WISH it was every 3 days...

We did every day around ovulation and it worked for us. :)

So yesterday was day 10 of my cycle and my FS said to start trying around that day and to try every other day...but would trying every day REALLY hurt my chances? I still have no EWCM or no +ve OPKs but I figure, what the hell...I should act like I do...but am just not sure how often...

I woke up with this very question today as I used an OPK this week and it said yesterday/today I'd be ovulating...torn between trying again today or hoping last night was enough....guess it wont hurt to give it a try. Thanks for asking x

it seems the general recommendation is every other day....thats what my FS said and my hubby has great swimmers. but when doing the ov sticks they did say that you can BD the night of the positive test then the next night too.
if you havent had a SA then I would stick to every other day. I would plan to stick to everyother day then panic and do everyday around ovulation lol

my hubby and i dtd everyday from AF finishing until ovulation is over i.e. when my charts tells me i've ovulated. It's hard work trying to fit it in with our routine and sometimes i can't be bothered. Like Brooke said whatever you feel comfortable with. GL

We got pregnant ( im 41 and hubby is 46) doing it just *2* days during that month. I have high sex drive, but not hubby :( Oh well...

But I had been wondering the same question as the one posted here.

Anyways, i gave up the last month on trying to have sex more often, and just did it twice (first day OPK, skipped one day, did sex #2 the next day) and also used guaifenesin finally as a last resort (i didn't think it would even work...) and GOT PREGNANT!!

oh my gosh, was incredibly surprised at this outcome!!!

i didn't think sex 2 times in one month would be enough to keep the spermies alive and healthy, but apparently it was enough!!!

Good luck!

i say 'every other day"

starting at first day opk says you are ovulating, then skip one day, then sex again on third day after ovulation began. i only had sex twice,just these 2 days when i got pregnant 3 months ago. i miscarried at 8.5 weeks, but that's a whole other story...

Anyways, I found that some cheapie OPK brands didn't work (for me) so i am using first reponse opk (20 pack). they work very well.

Since it is a value pack, it saves a lot of $ and you don't feel so bad testing every day since the OPK cost$ can really start to add up.

Just my opinion.

We got pregnant ( im 41 and hubby is 46) doing it just *2* days during that month. I have high sex drive, but not hubby :( Oh well...

But I had been wondering the same question as the one posted here.

Anyways, i gave up the last month on trying to have sex more often, and just did it twice (first day OPK, skipped one day, did sex #2 the next day) and also used guaifenesin finally as a last resort (i didn't think it would even work...) and GOT PREGNANT!!

oh my gosh, was incredibly surprised at this outcome!!!

i didn't think sex 2 times in one month would be enough to keep the spermies alive and healthy, but apparently it was enough!!!

Glad it's not only me then!:wacko: I have a high sex drive & would LOVE to dtd everyday but my OH who's 43 has a low sex drive & even dtd once or twice a month is a big effort for him!

It makes me mad, he's all over his laptop or the TV for bloody football or F1 but not all over me to make a baby. I could literally :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->