Evie?

Scout

Reaction score
I've seen this name on here a lot, but I've never heard of it in the US, so I'm wondering how it's pronounced? Is the first E a long e sound or short e sound?

Oh, and also Aviana....is that like Ava with a long A?
thanks

Yeah the first E is long its pronounced E-V and Aviana is A-V-ANNA.

It's pronounced Eeeee veeee, sort of! E as in the "e"of me.

I haven't heard of Aviana.

Haven't you ever watched 'The Mummy' with Rachel Weisz? :) She's called Evie in that.

I think it's a lovely nickname, wish my DH liked it. There's Eve, Evie, Eva, Evelyn, Evangelina, and even Yvonne is sometimes shortened to Evie. Great name all round.

Thanks ladies! It's such a cute name. I especially like it bc I like names that aren't popular and that one certainly isn't...like I said, never heard it here in the US. May have to see what OH thinks.

Haven't you ever watched 'The Mummy' with Rachel Weisz? She's called Evie in that
No. I don't think I've ever even heard of it.:wacko:

Evie is lovely!

Heard of an eden and eadie recently but Think I prefer Evie x

Avianna is like how Addison starts x

its pronounced eve-e (like adam and eve but then say e afterwards)

We just watched wall-e not long ago and one of the robots names were evie. So now I keep going eeeeeeeveeeeee lol sorry

I would pronounce Evie as Ee-vee.

My DD's name is Aviana (excellent taste in names btw :haha:).

We pronounce it Ah-vee-ah-nuh.

We get a lot of mispronunciations, most common one is Ay-vee-anna, but I guess you could pronounce with the long A instead of the short A if you'd like. Of course I'm partial to Aviana :winkwink: and we always get compliments on how beautiful and unique her name is. Her full name is Aviana Lucia. :flower:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->