EWCM and Ovulation

Alexandra

Reaction score
Hello there. We've been casually TTC since May 2018. My cycle is usually 27 days.

So, here's my question - it it possible ovulation to occur after the EWCM stops? I had EWCM for 3 days (up to 13 CD) and then on CD 14 it started decreasing. We BD on that very day and I have some gut feeling that I ovulated exactly then, but from what I have read so far, ovulation usually occurs on the last day of EWCM. Anyone who got a BFP after EWCM had already dried up?
Thanks for the help!

I pretty much always ovulated a day or two after my EWCM dried up. It’s better to BD while you have EWCM though, gives the swimmers something to swim in and they can hang out in the cervix for a while. Good luck!

I pretty much always ovulated a day or two after my EWCM dried up. It’s better to BD while you have EWCM though, gives the swimmers something to swim in and they can hang out in the cervix for a while. Good luck!
Thank you so much! That definitely helps!

Cervical mucus plays a fundamental role in the TTC process by nourishing and protecting sperm as it makes the long, arduous journey through the female reproductive tract to meet the egg. So, as you become more familiar with your cervical mucus, you will be able to better time having sex in order to conceive. In simple terms, cervical mucus is a fluid secreted by the cervix, the production of which is stimulated by the hormone estrogen. Throughout your menstrual cycle, the amount and quality of cervical mucus that is produced will fluctuate, and by observing these changes you can begin to predict the most fertile days in your cycle. Either condition can hinder your reproductive efforts by making it difficult for sperm to travel efficiently and safely to the fallopian tube to meet the egg for fertilization. Insufficient production of fertile quality cervical mucus or the presence of hostile cervical mucus may result from a variety of factors including diet, stress, hormonal issues, or even from taking prescription medications like Clomid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->