Ex "Pull&Pray"ers?

TresDulce30

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Husband and I just got married almost 3mos. ago. Up until the honeymoon, we relied on the "Pull and Pray" method as our only form of birth control. I was on the Pill for years before we started dating, and stopped taking it a few months into the relationship (didn't like how my body reacted on BC). My Husband had a pregnancy scare with an ex, so he's always been, shall I say, paranoid about "knocking me up" before marriage. Point being, he has always had great timing and never once had an "oopsies"/ejaculated inside me.

He finished inside me for the first time ever on our honeymoon, and has since. I am very concerned that there's some kind of fertility issue going on, since we never once had a pregnancy scare in the 4 years we have been having sex. I haven't been to the Dr. yet, but am planning on going ASAP to do a preconception checkup/make sure everything is ok down there.

Has anyone else relied on the Pull&Pray method for years without getting pregnant, and then got pregnant after stopping?

My Mom and I were talking about when the Husband and I wanted to start a family, and I said ASAP. She said, Oh so you stopped taking BC? I told her I haven't taken any for 3.5years...and she said, "Oh...wow. So you've never gotten pregnant??". :shrug:

I've never gotten pregnant before and I currently have a pretty regular cycle (usually around 29 days). I haven't noticed any Egg White Mucus in the past few months, so that's kind of alarming as well. I did order Preseed, so I'm hoping that will help our chances as well.

Anyway, any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Hey there,

I too have been off BC for over a year now and DH and I only relied on the pull and pray for the entire year. Now, going our 4th month of actually trying, I know it doesn't sound long but man it feels long, I worry as well if there's something wrong. I told my doctor all of this and she is going to refer me to a fertility doctor if it doesn't happen by year end. I also had really irregular cycles up until we've been trying for the past 3 months so that is a factor too. Even though its only been about 6 months of trying trying and I'm only 25.

So.. I'm not really sure but I would tell your doctor everything. So they can decide! I've also seen ppl say on here they used pull and pray for years and went to ttc and it happened eventually!

Baby dust and fingers crossed for you BumpySomeday :) Thanks for the input...I'll have to schedule an appointment ASAP, if not for anything but to put my mind at ease. Hoping November is our month!!!!

I wasn't on any bc before we started trying last time and never had a pregnancy scare once. When we started trying I fell pregnant first month. Oh and I didn't get ewcm either.

Oh wow! definitely encouraging. Hopefully I'll have the same outcome :)

I used the pull out method for 4 years, no pregnancies. Then I NTNP/ barely TTC a year and a half and had my son. Now have beren NTNP 2 years with 2 chemicals, and actually TTC this month..GL!

Thanks hiphophooray! You ladies give me hope :) good luck to you as well as well hiphophooray :) hopefully November will be a good month for all of us!

I've never used the pill or any other form of birth control while with my husband. We've been together for 5 years, married for 3. Always just pulled out - never had one pregnancy scare. We have one baby, but he was very much planned, and took us 4 months to conceive. We're trying for another currently.

10 years of the pullout method and only ever conceived when we were actively trying :thumbup:

Thanks jtink28 and twinmummy06! Never thought there were so many others with similar circumstances! I honestly feel a little more confident going into this month...my OBGYN appt. isn't for another month, but I'm definitely going to still try this month!

Well ladies, looks like my worries and concerns were over nothing. I got a BFP last night! Tested twice more today, all positive :)

DH and I weren't actively trying last month, so I didn't even realize I was late until I looked at FertilityFriend and saw I was 3-4days late. Guess you never know!! Just praying this sticks and I have a HH9months!

We used this most of the time we were together leading up to ttc no 1 (so for roughly about 8 years) we then ttc for approx 3 years before approaching a doctor who referred us for tests. Long story short, DH sperm test came back fine. I was referred for the test (can't remember the name of it) where they inject you with dye and xray to check for blockages (with no issues found) and fell pregnant that month, in fact on the very day I was due back at the clinic. Try not to worry, you have not been actually ttc for very long, give it a little longer and if still worried see the doctor.

Thanks everyone :) Super exited and hoping the lil bean sticks :)

baby dust to all!!

We used the pull out method for years and didn't once have a scare. When we wanted a baby it happened the second month of trying.. Since our son 21/2 years ago we went back to the same method and still had no accidents..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->