Excellent info on dilation and labor without internal checks!

Lunaty

Reaction score
For all you ladies interested, this blog has some very good info on dilation 'indicators' without doing internals!

Great for when your laboring at home :thumbup:

https://wonderfullymadebelliesandba...7/dilation-how-to-check-without-checking.html

Great read, thank you :)

I had a MW, SMW and a student doctor all stood behind me admiring my 'purple line' whilst I was pushing on all fours in the birthing pool. I'd only had an internal at home which showed me to be 5 cms, so they were using the line to asses my dilation in hospital. Not my most dignified moment. :haha:

I had never heard of the purple line technique. I am going to be asking my husband throughout my labor how far up the line goes. Aren't our bodies amazing?

Really interesting, thanks for posting!
I definitely remember beginning to tremble/shake really badly when I was ready to push.

Thankyou so much, I'm going to print this out for my MW and my birthing partners for my home birth.

Great read! This is my third, and I hadn't really heard about some of those ways of telling, but definitely had some of the symptoms listed with both births so far.

Thanks for the thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->