Excess Hair?!

DreaminOfBaby

2nd Trimester
Reaction score
Didn't know exactly where to post but I'm so frustrated right now. I don't know if it's the pregnancy or the prenatals or both but I just seem to have extra hair and/or its hard to get rid of. Probably gonna be TMI lol But I just took a shower and it took me two times to shave my legs and the hair still isn't all gone! Same with my pits. I also seem to have a lot more hair um..down there. :blush: I feel like a gorilla. At least my arm hair isn't excessive. I also seem to have like a peach fuzz on my stomach.

I'm pretty sure I have PCOS, but I haven't been diagonosed. Which is why I didn't think I could get pregnant and was shocked when I did. I think the only reason I got pregnant is b/c I had been on birth control for the lack of periods and it was one of those crazy things where as soon as I stopped I got pregnant. I haven't talked to my doctor. I've just figured there isn't anything I can do until after I have the baby. I was thinking that might be what's making the hair situation worse.

I'm pretty sure I have PCOS not b/c of what I was just talking about but b/c I do have excess hair (on my face! SOOOOOO EMBARASSING), as well I wasn't getting a period at all. I am overweight, and find it extremely hard to lose weight. At one point I actually had bald spots! I was so upset but the doctor had prescribed a cream and it grew back and *KNOCK ON WOOD* that hasn't come back! I also darker patches of skin on my body as well.

Ugh, it's just all so embarassing. Anyone else having similar issues? You don't have to give out details if you don't want b/c I know it's embarassing but PLEASE someone else tell me you're having a similar issue!!

Sort of, yeah. My hair (everywhere) has gotten a LOT darker and a bit more frequent. I also have trouble losing weight (no matter what I do- and I do EVERYTHING). My periods have slowly gotten farther apart to the point where I have 80 days between cycles.

I should make an appointment :blush:

Thanks for responding. At least I know someone knows how I feel at least a little :)

Unfortunately, the pregnancy hormones can have this lovely side effect. However, if you were hairy before its perhaps worth seeing your doctor after the birth if it continues. You may find that your body readjusts itself and you start having normal cycles again - pregnancy can sometimes 'restart' the hormonal system in to working properly.

Quite common, so try not to panic. It's not nice but it should get better with time. In the small number of cases where it doesn't, laser treatment can really work. It is very effective on the bikini area. See here for more https://www.womenrepublic.co.uk/health/removal/bikini.htm But make sure you use a reputable clinic, as laser hair treatment can go wrong.

... nearly posted something simular to this last week when the husband had to wax my back as it was so hairy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->