Exclusively BF & Period Returned Already?

DebbieF

Reaction score
I don't understand why my period (or what I believe to be my period) started already.. I am exactly 2 months PP today. I have only pumped 3 times, baby does not use a pacifier and she has never had formula.. Is this normal? From all of the reading I've done, most women go much longer than this with no period. Why me? :dohh:

Why do you say it is "what you believe to be your period"? What sort of "symptoms" are you having. I know that around that time I had random bleeding a couple of times (not as much as a period) but have seen no sign of AF returning since then.

I say that because I am just so shocked that my period would have returned so quickly. I am getting cramps and my face is breaking out as it always does during my period. I was just hoping for some reassurance I guess that others have had their periods return quickly as well and I am not abnormal. :nope:

Many get their period 8 weeks PP

Many get their period 8 weeks PP

I know that is true for women that ff, but I was told that when you bf it will not return for a much longer period of time. Thus the reason for me starting this thread..

Contrary to popular belief breastfeeding doesnt really keep af away :/ i personally went 10 months pp without mine. My friend went 4 weeks!! And my other friend is at 10weeks and still waiting...we all ebf and rarely pump. everyone is different.

Yeah but many people are just unlucky and it returns. I think out of us September mummies, 50% have got their period back while nursing. Many factors effect it, pumping, night feeds, supplementation, spaces between feeds of 5 hours or more. Sometimes you're just unlucky.

It is a myth that you won't get your period if you exclusively breastfeed. I got mine back at 5 months I was exclusively BFing and overnight as well. And she rarely went more then 3 hours between feeds. It is more common for it not to come back so soon but it does happen and its perfectly normal. Everyone is different it comes back when your body decides its ready.

mine were both EBF and my period returned at 3m pp :( it sucks but it does happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->