Exclusively pumping ?

sprite30

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm new to this section and 22+3 currently with #1. I was initially going to bottle feed and then someone mentioned to me about exclusive pumping and I just had an ah ha moment and thought well now I like that idea. I was wondering if there are an established support threads for those wishing to pump by choice or necessity? I've got on youtube and searched google and already found some great resources and think this might be the perfect compromise for me. Anyone else?

Hi, how are you? I exclusively pumped with my daughter then later again with my son because neither child would latch properly. It made me feel better because I could monitor how much they got and could tell they ate till full. The only problem is, because your using a machine which can't quite mimick a baby's sucking your breasts don't empty all the way, and you don't produce as much milk as you would if you were actually breastfeeding. I could only keep it going for a few months both times, I had to supplement more and more with formula. This time I plan to really work at it and not give up no matter what. I hope you find what works for you, good luck!

There is an "exclusively pumping" support thread at the top of the breastfeeding forum. Here's a link https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/breastfeeding/129033-ins-outs-exclusively-expressing.html

I exclusively pumped between 4 to 6 months as baby started refusing to latch and it's really tough. It's extremely time consuming (pump,feed,wash,pump,feed,wash), initially it can take up all of your free time. But if it's really what you want to do, that thread provided really good support.

There is a sticky thread on here about EP. There are also fb groups. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->