Excruciating gas pains and feel like my insides are sloshing around

jessmke

Reaction score
My son was born 4 days ago, and since yesterday I've been having horrendous, excruciating gas pains in my stomach, like a million times worse than the uterine contractions I get when he nurses. I had a bowel movement yesterday and that seems to have helped some, and I've been taking Gas X, but I am still in a lot of discomfort. I also feel like my insides are sloshing around and it is painful, I can't even roll over in bed because I can feel my insides moving around and it hurts so badly! Laying flat on my back is the only way I am comfortable, but then rolling on my side to try to sit up when I need to nurse baby is just unbearable pain in my abdomen (I'm trying not to just sit straight up to avoid developing diastasic recti, plus I just don't have the core strength to do that right now). I never had pain like this after my daughter was born, is this normal??

You know... 11 months later, and I still get horrible gas sometimes. After pregnancy and labor, I feel like my digestive system never quite went back to what it was (though tbf, I had digestive issues even BEFORE pregnancy).

I don't think they were ever this painful for me, though, so I think it may warrant calling your doctor to see if there are any other options.

Just wanted to update for anyone who might be experiencing the same situation. Things improved greatly after about two days of terrible pain, then slowly continued to get better over the course of about a week. I'm still very gassy at 3 weeks postpartu and sometimes get painful gas, but no longer feel the pain of my organs shifting around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->