exercise!!!!

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
i am aiming to do at least 2 10 minute sessions of skipping each day, im gonna do it to music, probs wi the kids standing laughing at why mummy is bein silly!!

i am also trying to start swimming once a week(pitiful i know but im plays havoc with my skin)

im yet to find an exercise to tone my tummy up.. so any suggestions (bar sit-ups/crunches as ive a bad back) are very welcome!!!

swimming is the best thing for an all-body workout

skipping makes me feel like im gonna pee!!! my no likey!

If you are looking to tone up your stomach, all I can say is cardio, cardio, cardio. Also, a clean diet is key as well. It is known that you can't spot reduce (wish it were that easy). There is a website that is very helpful on topics such as these, it's called self.com. It's a fitness forum, people talk about what they eat, excercises they do, obstacles they have. It's very informative and helpful (much like this website). It's free to join on-line, you might give it a try. Only for non-preggers though. I will be utilizing it again after I have my baby. Good luck on your weight loss goals.

Cardio is good to a certain degree, however you do need to do core toning exercises to acheive the best results. As you have a bad back I would suggest this exercise. I give it to my clients in physio and it works wonders:

Lie down on your back with your knees bent, take a deep breath and then contract your stomach muscles, lift both your legs gradually off the floor and straighten them, aim to hold legs in the air for as long as possible (about 20seconds) Lower legs and repeat 2 more times.

As this exercise gets easier, increase the amount of time you hold the exercise.

Hope this makes sense. x

charlotte, howd u mean contract ur muscles.. like hold ur tum in, or tense it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->