Exhausted but waking up frequently

utbabymomma

Reaction score
I am so exhausted and fall asleep without problem; however, I will wake up in the wee hours and cannot get back to sleep. I woke up at 2am to use the restroom and I've been up ever since. it is like when I wake up I am fully awake. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that, I haven't really got any good suggestions but I am struggling to drift off to sleep I feel tired so try to go to bed around 10 and then I just lay awake for ages but luckily when I do fall asleep, I only wake up if i need to go toilet

hope you get a good night sleep soon

I'm exactly the same. I remember from my previous 2 pregnancies it always got worse towards the end, not looking forwards to that!! It's like our body's way of getting us ready for sleepless nights i guess? lol

I went through the same thing when I was between 6-10 weeks along. Would wake up very early and then couldn't go back to sleep. I finally gave up and decided rather than fight it (and wake up my husband as I lay awake in bed tossing and turning) I would just get up, grab a snack, and work at my computer for an hour or two. Maybe it was the food that helped (I didn't feel hungry). Being up for 1-2 hours would make me sleepy, whereas laying awake in bed for 1-2 hours would not. Thankfully I work from home so my schedule is flexible, and once I was sleepy again I could then go back to bed to "catch up" on the sleep I lost.

Oh, and (knock on wood) after I hit 10 weeks, I was better able to sleep straight through the night. I still wake up frequently, but I can usually go back to sleep fairly easily (without getting up, except to pee!).

I could've written this post myself! I'm exactly the same, wake around 4am for around 2 hours, go to drop off around 6 then my alarm goes off at 6:15am! So frustrating!

i am so similar. i hope it gets better for you!! i don't have any suggestions cause i too am unable to really get myself to fall back asleep. it doesn't help i have to pee every couple hours during the night.

Well it is good to know I am in good company! I will try your suggestion, bighouse, and see if working instead of fighting it helps at all. I've been awake since 2am and have a packed afternoon of meetings so this should be interesting to say the least. Hope everyone else gets some good sleep soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->